• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yes.....the Golden Rule that everyone keeps talking about.

SWA version....treat people respectfully.

AT version....give me what I think I deserve in negotiations.

Guess what Lear, you were negotiating with the management of the most successful airline in the world!!! Did you actually you were going to ever force their back against the wall? Many of us cautioned you guys continually on this subject. They talk nice, but they will pin your arse against the wall if you don't play their way. Guess what, you made your move and this is what happened. There have not been very many times that someone comes out with a better deal the second time around with these guys. Anyways, whats done is done......hopefully we can grow and make money.

Wow. That's the first time I've heard that. Unbelievable. Golden rule, my ass.
Yeah, morning of Day 2.

Jack went in privately with Frank to tell them that this issue was one of the few we had authority to walk away for and would.

It took 4 hours while Russ M and Joe H went to Mike V with SWAPA and we essentially cooled our heels most of the morning and lunch before they came back and said Mike V approved that to be taken back off the table (removing any talk of probation) and putting the "no-probation" language back in.

Remember, you can take the animal out of the jungle but you cannot take the jungle out of the animal. Both PCL and Lear70 are what they are. Just because they are now with SWA doesn't mean they will be any different. Their reputation will follow them through out their careers. If they were truly professional they would stop stirring the pot on FI and the other forums. However, it makes them feel smart with all their talk. They are bitter and will never forget it. They will be a thorn in SWA side for years to come.
And you expect me to believe you don't work for Southwest or AirTran? Riiiiight... :rolleyes: You sound a lot like Bennefield... I think he used that exact wording on our message board a while back... as did Boeing 717. How's that lawsuit going by the way? ;)

At any rate, I'm not the one stirring the pot, but I also won't let people take potshots at me without responding. In case you hadn't noticed, it had been days since I'd posted until someone called me out. Just been watching and listening and am content to do so when people let things be.

But you and your buddy Boeing717 keep trying... someone might believe you, if they don't go back and read the actual thread. I don't respond until someone says something that's not true or calls me out. Otherwise I keep telling people to just let it go and move on.

Make sure you print the whole thread when you take it upstairs, and not just cutting and pasting the parts you take exception to... ;)

Last edited:
And you expect me to believe you don't work for Southwest or AirTran? Riiiiight... :rolleyes: You sound a lot like Bennefield... I think he used that exact wording on our message board a while back... as did Boeing 717. How's that lawsuit going by the way? ;)

At any rate, I'm not the one stirring the pot, but I also won't let people take potshots at me without responding. In case you hadn't noticed, it had been days since I'd posted until someone called me out. Just been watching and listening and am content to do so when people let things be.

But you and your buddy Boeing717 keep trying... someone might believe you, if they don't go back and read the actual thread. I don't respond until someone says something that's not true or calls me out. Otherwise I keep telling people to just let it go and move on.

Make sure you print the whole thread when you take it upstairs, and not just cutting and pasting the parts you take exception to... ;)

Wrong. I do not work for either. You are not that smart Lear70. Remember the old saying " rather a man think I am fool than to open my mouth and remove all doubt". You should say that a few times so it sinks in. Your best bet is to try and stop posting and stick to your company site. This site is for people like me that has nothing else to do. You are too easy.

Wrong. I do not work for either.
You either do or you're retired from one of the two (I'm betting retired SWA), but keep saying it if it makes you feel better... ;)

Your best bet is to try and stop posting and stick to your company site.
I'd be glad to if people would stop calling me out or posting things that are just blatantly incorrect. I have posted many times trying to calm people down on here; I'm obviously not here to stir the pot.

Last edited:
You either do or you're retired from one of the two (I'm betting retired SWA), but keep saying it if it makes you feel better... ;)

Now you are fishing Lear70. Admit you do not know but guessing. It is now time for you to move on and not worry about what other people on here are saying about you. They might be just like me and just getting to you. Grow up, you are not helping yourself start a new life with a new company. All you are doing is bring all your dirty laundry from one to the next. But then again you know that already.

8-5-2009 this was posted:

I agree. If we have another type of aircraft it has to be the same pay rate as the 737. UPS does and it seems to work. However, if we are taking both groups then it has to be a staple. Just think if we did not staple. There could be Lynx guys ahead of SWA pilots? You would have to staple both groups for this to work.

The discussion was about SWA buying F9 and lynx; so why would you say "we are taking both groups" and "if we did not staple", if you are not or where not a SWA pilot?

Latest resources

Back