• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scope grievances are expedited and usually resolved within a few months of being filed.

(nothing in this Paragraph E. shall prevent the Company from disposing of its interest in the other air carrier prior to the merger of flight operations.)

This is the language you need to pay special attention to.​

18 months from corporate closing puts you atleast 2 years out from this point if the language even stands up. Atleast another 6-9 months for the grievance to run its full course and get a decision.​

SWA can take 8 percent of your flying on day one and turn back in aircraft. Turn in a few leases to correspond with the dropping of unprofitable city pairs. SWA could come up with 90-100 aircraft in the next 24 months to cover your flying without keeping a single AirTran pilot or AirTran aircraft. They would just keep gates, city pairs, and slots. If the operations are not combined then B/M never applies and your contract never kicks in because of the timeframe. You Sir are not in the driver seat. Gary Kelly is and he has SWA and SWAPA pilots interests in mind. Play nice or pay the piper.​

"Minor Disputes" are covered by the Grievance Process. The unlikely scenario you described would not be a "Minor Dispute".

Face it, you're not scaring anyone. All you're doing is setting yourself up for a bigger disappointment.

You Sir are not in the driver seat. Gary Kelly is and he has SWA and SWAPA pilots interests in mind.

I think he has SWA's best interests in mind, and that would be a combined operation. That is why he will be pushing both sides to create a reasonable list, not one that takes from one to give a windfall to the other.

Last edited:
not one that takes from one to give a windfall to the other.

Exactly. He isn't going to allow SWAPA to give you the contract windfall and a seniority windfall at the expense of the Junior SWA pilots.

Ty, you spend an awful lot of time on here for someone who supposedly doesn't care about this. I take it you're also not in the 95% of aai pilots you refer to? Grab this opportunity with both hands while you can. You've been given a dream ticket and you're talking the talk. Just be happy this has come your way.

Sundowner-

I have been on this forum since 1996. I didn't just show up here to argue SLI issues. You won't see me on here trumpeting what I expect the ISL to look like, I am just countering some of the B.S. on here.

I wouldn't say my views are typical of other AAI pilots anymore than Roughneck, PapaWoody and Bob Dylan represent average SWA pilots.

Thankfully, we both have merger committees we can rely upon to work together and come up with the best available solution.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back