• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Zman, I hereby propose a permanent fence around atl. New swapa cba to include "wholly owned subsidiary". Growth metrics apply to both sides. That way GK can operate his "alter ego" airline out of atl connecting with swa, set up to run like domestic codeshare. You guys keep your pay and base, then everyone will be happy.

Dumbest post on FI in years. Are YOU THIS STUPID?

orangebellyav8r,

Don't work for AAI or SWA. Just outside looking in. Hope your merger doesn't turn out
like the US Airways mess! Got to go to PAJN now, good luck.

I understand the importance of a Transition Agreement for both groups.
There's plenty to be concerned about with the team representing the AT pilots though. First, TO explains repeatedly that there is no such team; that the NC will do all the transition talks. Then LH announces there will be a team...and he's the boss. This is another reason to worry about the amount of time LH spends with SWAPA.

malibu,
Any truth to the rumor that LH tried to get a meeting with Gary Kelly this week and was told NO.

Any truth to the rumor that LH tried to get a meeting with Gary Kelly this week and was told NO

Yes, he said "I'm not talking before the trannyDraft 2011" I only deal with SWAPA boys/girls.

Yes, he said "I'm not talking before the trannyDraft 2011" I only deal with SWAPA boys/girls.

I doesn't sound like that will change after the "draft." I talked with a guy in the know on my last trip and he told me that AirTran will have to deal with the Sub. LLC management that Gary puts in place to run AirTran. I guess Gary doesn't want to deal with Alpa and apparently will only deal directly with the AirTran guys if he ever combines the operations. He won't have to deal with Alpa then because the AirTran pilots will be represented by Swapa.

Last edited:
I doesn't sound like that will change after the "draft." I talked with a guy in the know on my last trip and he told me that AirTran will have to deal with the Sub. LLC management that Gary puts in place to run AirTran. I guess Gary doesn't want to deal with Alpa and apparently will only deal directly with the AirTran guys if he ever combines the operations. He won't have to deal with Alpa then because the AirTran pilots will be represented by Swapa.

Until we are integrated ALPA is our bargaining agent and our current TA will govern our ops as Airtran or whatever we will be called during the process. Based on how he treats his current employees I really don't think he or his interim management will do anything other than follow our contract IMHO. I don't see as there is much to deal with. GK simply has to wait for SWAPA and ALPA to hash out an integration plan. Once that is done I am guessing that it is only a few computer keystrokes and a trip to Texas to put us on SWAPA's contract.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back