• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dicko, how does he sound like an angry man? I think he sounds just a little peeved that there are some on here hellbent on putting themselves first. Sixlegs no doubt sees himself as one of the pilots who helped to make swa what it is today. He hasn't always had excellent retirement benefits and industy leading pay. He worked his tail off for considerably less than industry leading pay and benefits so that guys like you can offered the chance you are being presented with today. And to turn around and call him an "angry man" smacks of a lot of things, none of which he wants to see at his airline. You guys are on cloud nine, the swa guys are anxious but optimistic for good reason. You know what a good deal you're getting, but no, you want to shoot for the stars. I think swa will make you guys a very fair offer, and the majority of your group will see that and vote accordingly. Unfortunately, people like you will become part of the 3 or 4 percenters and forever bitch at your good fortune, made possible by the likes of sixlegs. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it (ie arbitration).

Last edited:
Sixlegs came on here saying that he thought every AirTran Captain seat should be forfeited, and then complained that everyone else was unreasonable. :laugh:

He got exactly what he deserved. We actually went easier on him than he deserved.

Last edited:
Well Ty, in the one post that I read, he didn't say that. Anyway, it's much healthier to sit on here and discuss the merits/benefits, etc. that pilots from both companies are going to realise than to sling mud. It's easy to get fired up, but then your expectations, from each individual's point of view, have to be realistic. You can hope that aai captains keep their seats, and they might, but is that realistic? Is that going to create healthy work environments post-acquisition? I think not. Maybe you don't care, but you should. You guys will be fenced for a couple of years I'm sure, and that in itself is going to be a huge financial gain for each pilot on your property. But, as you say Ty and then renege, you should let the guys on the ncs figure it out.

Dicko, how does he sound like an angry man? I think he sounds just a little peeved that there are some on here hellbent on putting themselves first. Sixlegs no doubt sees himself as one of the pilots who helped to make swa what it is today. He hasn't always had excellent retirement benefits and industy leading pay. He worked his tail off for considerably less than industry leading pay and benefits so that guys like you can offered the chance you are being presented with today. And to turn around and call him an "angry man" smacks of a lot of things, none of which he wants to see at his airline. You guys are on cloud nine, the swa guys are anxious but optimistic for good reason. You know what a good deal you're getting, but no, you want to shoot for the stars. I think swa will make you guys a very fair offer, and the majority of your group will see that and vote accordingly. Unfortunately, people like you will become part of the 3 or 4 percenters and forever bitch at your good fortune, made possible by the likes of sixlegs. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it (ie arbitration).

Are you 'channeling' Six Legs or are you representing him officially ? You've made your point. Badly, but you've made it never the less. Over and over again ....

If you are a JBLU guy who was turned down by SWA I'm sorry. However, this isn't the way to get another shot. Frankly it's a little creepy. Ironically it seems you would have been happier at AirTran.

I'm not bitching about anything. Nor have I. I'm going to accept what the MC's or Arbitrators agree to and look to the future. Why don't you concentrate on yours.

Cheers.

Dicko, I think that people should be entitled to their opinions. I also think that if you post your opinions on here, others are free to react to said opinion. But both can be done in a tactful, unoffensive manner. I find that people are generally respectful to one's face, yet maybe not so much when they are hiding behind a keyboard. I've been guilty of that myself. To answer your question, no, I was not turned down by swa and I am sorry that you find my posts a "little creepy". However I understand. Maybe you were turned down by swa for good reason, and are now getting your "dream shot". Like I said to you before, some things are not always as they seem. And my point, I don't believe was made "badly". I'm glad to hear that you will accept the sli and move on. But, like I said, I believe swapa will make you guys a very fair offer, and arbitration may not be so kind. Again, I think the majority of your membership will recognise the "gift horse" and chose not to look it in the mouth.

Dicko, how does he sound like an angry man? I think he sounds just a little peeved that there are some on here hellbent on putting themselves first. Sixlegs no doubt sees himself as one of the pilots who helped to make swa what it is today. He hasn't always had excellent retirement benefits and industy leading pay. He worked his tail off for considerably less than industry leading pay and benefits so that guys like you can offered the chance you are being presented with today. And to turn around and call him an "angry man" smacks of a lot of things, none of which he wants to see at his airline. You guys are on cloud nine, the swa guys are anxious but optimistic for good reason. You know what a good deal you're getting, but no, you want to shoot for the stars. I think swa will make you guys a very fair offer, and the majority of your group will see that and vote accordingly. Unfortunately, people like you will become part of the 3 or 4 percenters and forever bitch at your good fortune, made possible by the likes of sixlegs. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it (ie
arbitration).

On another thread, there is someone from SWA arguing that AT should not get credit for subsidizing growth with lower wages and benefits. So can we agree that SWA pilots did that as well? Just a few years earlier, but nonetheless, AT should not be denigrated for doing the same thing. Maybe that should be one of the AT arguments if this goes to arbitration.

There isn't an argument on flightinfo that is relevant. This is like listening to a bunch of golfers talk up their game and making bets before they approach the tee shot. Once the real ball is in play we can see how all this fluff matches up. Till then, there are a lot of little minds making big statements.

The SWA guys are getting a good laugh at a story of the representational voices of flightinfo for AT. We know we have wingnuts on our side, they speak out of their butt all the time, that is what we have pprune for. Coming on here is such a contrast to the public interaction with AT crews it is laughable. The same thing for the SWA voices, out of 5900 pilots we have less than 20 idiots who are consistently making their backside shown as well. Statistically all the idiots of these arguments have no voice at any official table.

If you are an actual idiot, I congratulate you for the sport of debate you are participating in here. It makes for good entertainment.

Dicko, I think that people should be entitled to their opinions. I also think that if you post your opinions on here, others are free to react to said opinion. But both can be done in a tactful, unoffensive manner. I find that people are generally respectful to one's face, yet maybe not so much when they are hiding behind a keyboard. I've been guilty of that myself. To answer your question, no, I was not turned down by swa and I am sorry that you find my posts a "little creepy". However I understand. Maybe you were turned down by swa for good reason, and are now getting your "dream shot". Like I said to you before, some things are not always as they seem. And my point, I don't believe was made "badly". I'm glad to hear that you will accept the sli and move on. But, like I said, I believe swapa will make you guys a very fair offer, and arbitration may not be so kind. Again, I think the majority of your membership will recognise the "gift horse" and chose not to look it in the mouth.

Downer,

I think your posts are neither respectful or unoffensive. It reminds me a little of Colonel Hans in the movie Inglorious Bastards. Without the pipe or the humor....

Regarding SWA. As I said before, I never applied. Do you actually work for JBLU or are you hiding ? In the pool perhaps or actually working for SWA ? Is that what spurred your 'concern' ?

Take care,

Latest resources

Back