• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It should not be a foregone conclusion that arbitration will happen- that's why rationality and a release of any expectations should be paramount
True enough... And I hope it's not, but the realist in me is beginning to feel that the divide may be too wide to bridge to pass vote with BOTH pilot groups.

Thats just great, but what about the SLI?
And that ILS with the old 6-pack instrumentation,,, don't forget about THAT! ;)

Self-protection

Even if both MECs, in a burst of reason and good will, reach agreement, they might be wise to pretend they're still deadlocked. Then they call in the arbitrator and say: "Here's the list. You announce it; we'll denounce it." ;)

2. Seniority will likely be one of the few remaining items to decide, most of the other items will likely be agreed upon before they let an arbitrator have it.

The other items you're refering to would be the transition agreement? That's the agreement between SWAPA and SWA as to when and how to bring AT into the fold.

Since nothing in this acquisition will be in violation of your contract, why do you now have a 'Transition Team' headed by your MEC chair? So much for letting you merger and nc committees do their job 'autonomously'!

Yeah- but where are you getting those feelings, Lear?- I'd caution if too much of those feelings come from Internet exchanges and hearsay-

Yeah- but where are you getting those feelings, Lear?- I'd caution if too much of those feelings come from Internet exchanges and hearsay-
Possibly,,, I'm hopeful, and in my conversations with my friends at SWA and my AAI coworkers, everyone I've talked to is professional, looks forward to a positive future, and wants to be reasonable, but it's just going to be a tough list to merge, truthfully, while trying to address enough of the "majority" of concerns in order to pass vote on both sides.

The other items you're refering to would be the transition agreement? That's the agreement between SWAPA and SWA as to when and how to bring AT into the fold.

Since nothing in this acquisition will be in violation of your contract, why do you now have a 'Transition Team' headed by your MEC chair? So much for letting you merger and nc committees do their job 'autonomously'!

The Transition agreement does impact both airlines, Lonestar, and governs how things will happen. There are a number of things that will conflict with our Contract, bases, training, bidding, new flying, etc.

Not to jinx anyone, but USAirways is STILL operating under their Transition Agreement, four years later. It's an important document that affects us as well as you, and that's why we need to be a part of that process.

Even if both MECs, in a burst of reason and good will, reach agreement, they might be wise to pretend they're still deadlocked. Then they call in the arbitrator and say: "Here's the list. You announce it; we'll denounce it." ;)

I expect better from my union then the coward's way out.

The Transition agreement does impact both airlines, Lonestar, and governs how things will happen. There are a number of things that will conflict with our Contract, bases, training, bidding, new flying, etc.

Not to jinx anyone, but USAirways is STILL operating under their Transition Agreement, four years later. It's an important document that affects us as well as you, and that's why we need to be a part of that process.

Ty, do you really think SWA cares about any of the conflicts with your contract? Given your recent lottery win, do you think there is a judge anywhere that will force SWA to address any conflicts with your contract?

Several ATN ALPA guys here have stated that they would have a judge force SWA to adhere to provisions in your contract. Good luck with that! My guess would be that pushing SWA that hard would ensure your future as a wholly-owned 717 operator with a substandard contract.

At the end of the day, AAI is being acquired. You will all receive huge gains in every section of your contract...gains you never would have achieved on your own.

One other point Ty, regarding your concerns over new flying at AAI. There's no need to worry about that because there won't be any!

Latest resources

Back