• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comet, that looks like a good starting point for the trannies, however you also have to factor in all their gains. So a 6 or 8:1 will probably be more like it. I would love to see the reaction of these aai guys on here if this deal did fall thru. They'd take a staple in a heartbeat.

Would not take a staple even if we were about to close the doors!!

CM, if you want to get into the gains, swa guys are talking gains in your pocket. aai guys have nothing there. Company gains, all the pilots gain through growth, profit sharing, raises, etc. swa will be a totally different animal here by the end of the decade, and all the pilots are going to benefit from that. The aai guys have to be realistic, get this done and enjoy the ride.

Those Grapes are mighty sour aren't they 'Downer' .... ? How's that 73 Type working out for you buddy ? ;)

CM, if you want to get into the gains, swa guys are talking gains in your pocket. aai guys have nothing there. Company gains, all the pilots gain through growth, profit sharing, raises, etc. swa will be a totally different animal here by the end of the decade, and all the pilots are going to benefit from that. The aai guys have to be realistic, get this done and enjoy the ride.

The gains can be handled by the NC of each airline. However, the starting point will be 1993 and a ratio of 3.5:1 at a minimum. Fences and pay protections will be whatever is normal and practical. I agree the gains are great for AAI and not much for SWA. You are also correct that whatever the company gains both sides will benefit from that.

Hey Dicko, things might not always be as we would like them, and some things are not what they appear to be. And to answer your question, pretty well thanks!

Last edited:
Would not take a staple even if we were about to close the doors!!

Really? Jobless vs 200k a year.

You might actually get to make that choice soon. Heard that the deal is off.

Ha, Ha! Joke's on you! :laugh:

Guess you'll just have to keep crying into your pillow, but I hear that's how you like it. :erm:

According to my stockbroker, "That deal will never happen. Too much at stake with the Southwest culture."

According to my stockbroker, "That deal will never happen. Too much at stake with the Southwest culture."

Does this industry guru work for a major financial company, and if so, who? Don't 'cha think Gary and company have already considered this minor issue?

Latest resources

Back