AirTran Management Still Demanding Concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fellow pilots,

Your MEC Officers received a full debriefing this morning from members of the Negotiating Committee (NC). We were hopeful that meaningful progress could be made in closing several smaller sections of the contract. Unfortunately, your MEC was disappointed that no sections of the contract were TA’d. Despite our NC’s hard work for many months on drafting a realistic, comprehensive proposal and submitting it weeks in advance, the company submitted a “new” comprehensive proposal of their own that contains concessions in virtually every area of the contract.

In order to give you an idea of the company’s concessionary proposal, here is a sampling of their “wish list”:

* Outsourcing of jet aircraft up to 100 seats
* A renewal of the company’s demands for “core credit” similar to TA1
* Assigning ready reserve to line holders
* Captains forced to fly right seat
* Increased ability for the company to junior assign, reassign, and downline draft
* Up to 30% annual increase in employee health plan co-pays and premiums
* Company contributions to the retirement plan dependent upon prior year’s financial performance
* Contract duration of 5 years

You lost me at 100 seat RJ's. They can GO F@#$ THEMSELVES!

1. The reason they raped you is because they know they can have their way with alpa, because alpa is spineless.
2. Unions have no leverage at all.
3. Quit your tough guy talk. Alpa's middle name is concessions. Give, give, give...that's all they do. Look at history.

stfu--------------

ASA= almost 6 years of no contract.

Pilots had enough!!! I would say 5-8 days of 35% on time. You know it =Contract was signed.

The union said nothing, the pilots got to be big boys and take care of things!

I walk the 717 and see metal showing in EVERY seat cushion. Our passengers are complaining about the seats, and PILOTS here DO NOTHING!!! Company says do not write that in the logbook, call catering. When does catering repair things on an aircraft. I believe it is a safety issue! Go to the back of almost every 717 and take a seat in the coach in about 30-40 seats.

Airtran=Look at the ASA guys couple years ago. I remember hearing you are number 35 on MX list, be there in 2.5 hours. Oh well. At ASA we had alot of MX line guys. Airtran has 14-15 line MX guys.!! And for all you STRIKE people=WE all will lose in a strike! So STFU, we run the airline (throttles,flying safe, taxi, starting engines,no short cuts,etc) you can not do that on a strike. They would close the doors here and start another airline with about 500-700 pilots here going there. Be a little smarter.

We would have contract in 7 days, when pilots get serious! Look at Alaska payrates and figure out how much you are losing a month!

I was taught you taxi at a fast walking pace. In the interests of safety maybe both engines should be running during taxi out.

If AirTran pilots were to slow down their operations the AirTran management could easily ascertain the identity of people who encouraged such an action on a forum such as this..

If you're talking about AirTran pilots, that's probably good advice, but it looks to me like the people offering that advice are not AirTran pilots.

I'm sorry all that Beech time doesn't equate to your massive DashTrash time. How does that make me pro management? Because I see BS in ALPO and call it? Not my fault you you buy into their crap just like you do when Hussien Obama talks.
So back to making cute little kitty cats as your avatar, princess buttercup.
You're a management punk, pure and simple.

Come walk a day in our shoes over here, then try to tell me about the faults of ALPA. Our in-house union (NPA) was a disaster, a folly of management, incompetent and disorganized to the core. All of that has changed now that ALPA is here.

But it looks like your vitriol goes beyond ALPA. You are still bitter because you lost the presidential election. We now have a PRO-LABOR president in the oval office. What's your problem with that? Do you understand the far reaching ramifications of what that means to organized labor?

But let's see...your avatar says it all. Go back to watering your flowers tulip, and hope your audition to the Village People arrives; because its plain as day to see that you are no trade unionist. Oh, and if you come up with a better union than ALPA, do let us know.

There is nothing illegal about even AirTran pilots doing it as long as it is not the UNION asking for it.

Oh, I agree that there's nothing illegal about AirTran pilots doing it, but the Company might have recourse against an employee that they don't have against a non-employee . . . . 'nuff said about dat.

1. The reason they raped you is because they know they can have their way with ALPA, because ALPA is spineless.
2. Unions have no leverage at all.
3. Quit your tough guy talk. ALPA's middle name is concessions. Give, Give, Give...that's all they do. Look at history.

Looking at the history pf ALPA up until 2001 it looks pretty good with a lot of hard fought battles for better quality and safety. Post 911 ALPA does not look great but the profession would have never been so good in the first place without ALPA. It seems you need to do some more research on the history of this union and what you take for granted every day was fought by guys with the balls to stand up, guys that do not exist anymore in the numbers they once did. So please stop spouting off about how ALPA is spineless and unions have no leverage at all, unions raised the standard for millions of middle class americans in post WWII times. Do you really think be non unionized would be better for us?

You're a management punk, pure and simple.

Come walk a day in our shoes over here, then try to tell me about the faults of ALPA. Our in-house union (NPA) was a disaster, a folly of management, incompetent and disorganized to the core. All of that has changed now that ALPA is here.

But it looks like your vitriol goes beyond ALPA. You are still bitter because you lost the presidential election. We now have a PRO-LABOR president in the oval office. What's your problem with that? Do you understand the far reaching ramifications of what that means to organized labor?

But let's see...your avatar says it all. Go back to watering your flowers tulip, and hope your audition to the Village People arrives; because its plain as day to see that you are no trade unionist. Oh, and if you come up with a better union than ALPA, do let us know.

Very good points, and I agree.

However, when are you guys going to get serious about that strike vote? And are you guys working that mediator into releasing you to self help?

Judging by their actions, sounds like a strike is the only language that management understands.

Latest resources

Back