• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran management pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone think that alpa or the At MEC did a good Job on the process? With the refusal of the first offer by Murphy, lindon, and the gang, is the average AT pilot pissed? I would be. What are your thoughts? Educate me here.

Niether Murphy or Linden voted. Murphy was not on the MEC, and Linden would have cast the tie breaking vote if needed. Since it was a 7-1 vote, it was not needed. I believe Linden would have voted yes if it was a 4-4 vote.

Does anyone think that alpa or the At MEC did a good Job on the process? With the refusal of the first offer by Murphy, lindon, and the gang, is the average AT pilot pissed? I would be. What are your thoughts? Educate me here.

Some pilots are pissed that the first offer got voted down, some pilots are pissed that the second offer got vote in, but most pilots are just moving on and not spending a whole lot of time thinking about it. It's over.

Yawn. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The first offer was voted down because are elected LEC reps said enough people had emailed them to vote it down. Ofcourse you will never see this evidence because it was all a lie, hence their recalls. What a joke.

The first offer was voted down because are elected LEC reps said enough people had emailed them to vote it down. Ofcourse you will never see this evidence because it was all a lie, hence their recalls. What a joke.

You musta missed the meeting... Overwhelming opposition would be an understatement.

You musta missed the meeting... Overwhelming opposition would be an understatement.

Ya the meeting was a true representation of the pilot group. Maybe the few that were off and able to get to the meeting.....but nowhere near a true cross-section of our group.

There were 200 and some odd pilots at that meeting. With only 1,700 total pilots, and only about 700 off on any given day, that's an incredible sample size. There can't be any real doubt that at that time, the overall pilot group was opposed to AIP1. Their minds only changed after the letter from GK the following week.

Interesting. So if most of the pilots did not want the first offer anyway, why are they so pissed at ALPA / AT MEC/ LEC? Didn't their elected officials do what the pilot's collective will was? I had an AT jumpseater on the other day and he was way pissed - still. It just strikes me as odd that the pilots didn't want the first offer andthen got pissed at their reps for listening to them. (Unfortunately the offer behind door number two was worse for them)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back