• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran joins ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA is not the way to go. In house unions are always better only if it is run correctly. We all need to take a better look at SWA.

Clueless.

The Southwest Pilots Association would get the sh*t kicked out of them by a NWA style management group.

I agree. Swa management doesn't hate its pilot group like NW managment. My point being that, just because Airtran now is ALPA doesn't mean it's clear skies ahead. ALPA national has never protected it's pilots from other ALPA carriers. We fight till the bloody end. Airtran's new fight is around the corner with DAL. Every paid off NW DC9 will be placed stratigically on the Airtran routes. The goal is to slowly bleed them out.

Clueless.

I'm clueless? You need to look at both the negative and positive aspects of having ALPA around. I think we can do much better but unfortunately have to put up with the "union crap" at the 121 airlines. There are those that are clear thinking individuals and other who I like to call "Union Nazis." They take it way too far. They have divided this industry and management almost beyond repair. That's what I call clueless. Unions do more harm then good.

Airtran's new fight is around the corner with DAL. Every paid off NW DC9 will be placed stratigically on the Airtran routes. The goal is to slowly bleed them out.

Companies compete, pilot groups don't. Delta has been competing with AirTran for 16 years. That has nothing to do with ALPA. We'll be working with the DAL MEC from here on out, and our managements can worry about competing with each other.

I'm clueless? You need to look at both the negative and positive aspects of having ALPA around. I think we can do much better but unfortunately have to put up with the "union crap" at the 121 airlines. There are those that are clear thinking individuals and other who I like to call "Union Nazis." They take it way too far. They have divided this industry and management almost beyond repair. That's what I call clueless. Unions do more harm then good.

You're even more clueless than I originally thought. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back