• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like someone else said, $25 sure beats being left behind with 50 open seats, but hey, spend another night in a hotel or the pad if it upsets you!

Hopefully, we will all go to unlimited j/s. The outfit I work at will fill every seat and the extra F/A's (two) jumpseats, plus the two upfront if you are CASS approved. Which leaves 4 J/S even if all the cabin seats are taken.

I would certainly be happy if Airtran changed, not that I commute on them, but I sure as heck is not going to give those boys and gals a hard time, since the deal they offer, even at $25 beats the heck out of a couple of other options.

We don't seem to have much of a problem at my airline with more than one jumpseater. That because our aircraft are running around full 95% of the time. No room in back and just one seat in the cockpit and if you ain't on the CASS list, go ride greyhound. They charge $20 instead of $25 on their midnight specials. On the other hand, if there is a seat, you are welcome to it. We don't want your money.

The crappy thing is this. At AirTran, we charge the stupid $25 for everyone but the first non-empoyee FA and the first non-employee pilot. Do the pilots of AirTran like the idiotic charge- HE** NO!. Can we do anything about it? Well, we are in contract negotiations, so anything is possible, but it is something that will have to be negotiated away.

Until that happens, we'll gladly fill whatever seats are left, and sometimes the gate agents are going to collect the stupid $25.

Sorry.

Im the 15th JS on AAI and I can get on for $25, and that is never charged almost. But can I get on the 2nd JS on DAL F*^% NO. easy choice to me.

Latest resources

Back