• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Interviewers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of that, if everyone was like Lear70 this might be one of the best airlines to fly for. If it wasn't for him, there is no question we would have voted in the last substandard TA and would have suffered it's repercussions for the next 7+ years. If the majority of the pilots here had the integrity and character that "RM" possesses I believe we would have had an industry leading contract by now.

He goes out of his way to assist a customer, get's injured, the company dr. agrees with the injury, and is terminated just days before he is scheduled to return to work. Straight out of the companies playbook. Hostage taking 101. A stronger pilot group would have had him and our other victim back on the line by now. Instead we are crying about hat's, brown jackets, logo lights, and hotels.

I still consider Lear70 a "Trannie" and I hope for our sake he decides to come back. We need a few guys like that on our side.

Good post Labatt.

:rolleyes:

Don't worry Scrub, I'll get my job back. Not concerned about that, just not enjoying the time out. If you work at AirTran, maybe you are one of the 43% that voted Yes?

Hey Lear, I'm one of the 43% that voted YES and I think our first priority is to get you and D.L. your jobs back or should we just forget about you guys just because we voted yes.

Voting YES for a TA that I and apparently almost half of the pilot group thought was acceptable does not negate the fact of our personal feelings for your or D.L.'s situation, nor does it in anyway change our character or scruples.

You made your pitch, the company made theirs, and we voted. Yes it failed, but you know what? it almost passed. Do you know how many guys and gals I talk to on any given day that say they should have voted yes? And most of them are FO's. In any event TA2 is done and over with and now we move on. Will we get a better TA3? Who knows, but again I must say that the number one priority is to get you and D.L. your jobs back.

Hope you and everyone else on this forum has a very nice holiday season.

So only 2/3rds voted in the President election and less than 1/2 voted for the three open BoD positions this past month thus resulting in a runoff for the whole month of December and delaying the BoD from getting down to serious business. Some people didn't even know an election was going on when I mentioned it. Talk about having their heads in the sand.

You won't get a better TA3 with this demonstrated apathy.

I volunteered for some union duties...have the rest of you? It is our union after all.

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting 43%? If I remember correctly, over 61% voted NO. That doesn't leave 43%.

Hey Lear, I'm one of the 43% that voted YES and I think our first priority is to get you and D.L. your jobs back or should we just forget about you guys just because we voted yes.

Voting YES for a TA that I and apparently almost half of the pilot group thought was acceptable does not negate the fact of our personal feelings for your or D.L.'s situation, nor does it in anyway change our character or scruples.

You made your pitch, the company made theirs, and we voted. Yes it failed, but you know what? it almost passed. Do you know how many guys and gals I talk to on any given day that say they should have voted yes? And most of them are FO's. In any event TA2 is done and over with and now we move on. Will we get a better TA3? Who knows, but again I must say that the number one priority is to get you and D.L. your jobs back.

Hope you and everyone else on this forum has a very nice holiday season.
Excellent post, and I thank you very much for your support along with everyone else who has been great, even just staying in touch via email or phone every once in a while, it's meant a lot.

I know there were a lot of things that were positive in that T.A. and hopefully many of those things will be retained along with fixing the F/O pay issues, scheduling issues, and QOL issues (hotel, etc).

I'm definitely planning on returning when the grievance process is complete, and will still be here to help analyze the T.A. when it comes out and trust in the pilots at AirTran to vote for what benefits everyone, not just one segment.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas / Hanukkah season!

If airtran is such a bad place to work why would you want to come back? Just a question because from several your post, you do not seem like you like Airtran?

If airtran is such a bad place to work why would you want to come back? Just a question because from several your post, you do not seem like you like Airtran?
Ah, Scarlet, your posts always make me smile. Sometimes I think you deliberately misunderstand my posts just to stir the pot... ;)

I do not like the way Senior Management operates. I came here thinking it was a Southwest-esque operating environment between management and employees; it's not.

I do not like the way the company continually picks away at the CBA, taking things that make the job good and trashing them at-will, even if the CBA is very clear about it. Window and aisle-seat deadheads. Hotel quality. Reserve drops. Last year's Christmas meltdown and the complete disregard of the contract. (this started right about the time I took the job).

I don't like the pay as an F/O. First year is better than most major airlines, then it takes a nosedive. Everyone knows it. Was hoping a decent T.A. would come out, but that was before I understood the ex-Eastern mentality behind senior management.

I don't like being ostracized because I helped lead the fight to kill a sub-standard T.A. Everyone knows that's why I'm out. It's ludicrous, hostile, deliberate and willful cause of economic and emotional suffering and they know it.

I did enjoy the flying.

I did enjoy my coworkers.

I did enjoy the schedule (when I could still manipulate it inside the boundaries of the CBA).

I did enjoy the potential to upgrade in 3-4 years (before the aircraft deferrals).

I still think it can be a fantastic place to have a career... IF management will learn how to work WITH the pilots, instead of "in spite" of the pilots (and other employees).

THAT is why I'd choose to return. I could likely ask the company to clear my record now if I resign and sign a non-suit letter and they'd likely agree just to save themselves the lawsuits that are coming as soon as System Board is done (the soonest I can file lawsuits per the RLA).

I could then apply at other airlines and try to start over again (still a difficult battle to explain why a move to a major airline then back to Charter Learjets). But that would defeat the work that I've done to get to this point in my career and the destruction the company has wreaked on my career and my family.

That would defeat the effort I've done to try to make this place a good career for both my fellow pilots and myself.

Basically it would mean I had done everything I have done in vain. I'm not willing to give that up.

I look forward to hearing you've stepped up to the plate and volunteered your time to the NPA as well. If everyone fights for a better company, there won't be anyway to ostracize one or two people as they have done.

Sorry for the long post, but you asked...

Last edited:

I dont know any FO's that voted for TA2!!

OK, genius, maybe you should take reading comprehension lessons.

First sentence. "I HEARD", as in unverified. Came from one of the recruiting guys, and I had not taken the time to verify it myself,,,

Maybe you should take some anger management classes before you just lash out. Jeez... :rolleyes:

Don't worry Scrub, I'll get my job back. Not concerned about that, just not enjoying the time out. If you work at AirTran, maybe you are one of the 43% that voted Yes?

Or maybe Fly Fast is, too?

Sensing some latent hostility...

Sorry, overreacted a little. Just I HATE blatant disinformation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back