Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran In A Rush To Complete The Acquisition?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You've missed the point ...... Again. You even missed your own point.

I think you missed the point. The AirTran CEO could be jeopardizing his own deal by opening his big stupid mouth.

If I had 1.7 billion and was buying AirTran and heard him say this, I'd be more inclined to drag my feet a little to apply some pressure. BWTFDIK.

Best of luck.

Exactly! Fits very well with Gary saying high fuel prices mean it needs to get done ASAP.

Big toodoo about nothing.

Gup

Exactly Gup.

It's all business at this point. From a strictly internal "business" point... it IS a done deal. That does NOT mean that it can't fall through... but it will NOT fall through because of anything internal between the two companies.

Both Gary and Bob are on the EXACT same page... and are BOTH now out "selling" this to the Government AND the shareholders (which coincidentally are primarily institutional investors).

But hey... don't let me inject fact and reality to this dump. It's GREAT fodder for all the angry jealous immature "anonymous" online anti-AirTran haters on Flightinfo... so please.... don't let me stop you.

Continue hating please... it amuses me.... and reading the anti-AirTran posts certainly makes me feel good to know these "anonymous" people are so jealous of the Pilots from some rinky dink Airline out of ATL.

KK

Here is a link to the testimony that Gary Kelly made just a week ago:

http://judiciary.senate.gov/pdf/11-2-25%20Kelly%20Testimony.pdf

Some of the "dramatic" sales pitch... err... I mean highlights:

GARY KELLY: Yet, due to the challenging economic conditions which continue to face our country and our industry – including high energy prices – Southwest has not been in a position to add to our fleet or greatly expand our route map. The acquisition will change that position.

GARY KELLY: The benefits of Southwest’s planned acquisition of AirTran can be summed up in one word: Growth. This transaction creates a host of exciting and unique growth opportunities that otherwise would not occur for our Customers, our Communities, our Employees, and our Company.

Last edited:
FL717, How come you didn't include from the same hearing's the part where Bob Fornano said that Airtran couldn't afford the planes that you have on order. You know the fifty planes that the AAI pilots are supposedly bringing to the deal, while the SWAPA pilots aren't bringing anything! Please guys let's include all the information when we are trying to make our case.

Tweet with all do respect. All Bob said is the same thing AT management has been telling the AT pilot group in recurrent for over 10 years. When ever we ask for improvements they talk about how we have PDP's (pre-delivery payments) to make and we are approaching banks for loans and what not. We have always borrowed the money to buy planes. It's been a while but I know at one point we "owned" like 4 717's and two 737's ...something like that. My point is, they take the financials and spin them for their target audience (congress, wallstreet, employess etc). When any CEO speaks I take it with a grain of salt. If our SLI goes to arbitration, I would expect your team to grab the best sound bites, as would ours. Too easy.. right?

Any idea of Bob's golden parachute and whats in it?

It's GREAT fodder for all the angry jealous immature "anonymous" online anti-AirTran haters on Flightinfo... so please.... don't let me stop you.

.....code for "we really love you guys"...;).

But then again,...what don't I not know??:D

I think you missed the point. The AirTran CEO could be jeopardizing his own deal by opening his big stupid mouth.

If I had 1.7 billion and was buying AirTran and heard him say this, I'd be more inclined to drag my feet a little to apply some pressure. BWTFDIK.

I think your last sentence sums it up, so STFU.

Latest resources

Back