• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word on the street is Amerijet guys are getting guaranteed first interviews.

Hey 400AHOLE/chuck yogurt/lawman/einstein/texas crotch rot/boris yelling/lame lizard/sky fly:
What are the Midwest guys guaranteed?
(400ahole is a midwest captain)

Recalls going out to LOA guys . . . Maybe hiring a few dozen to cover the two aircraft headed down to MIA for P&I. Rumor is 45 pilots towards the end of the year, but that seems like a lot for the fleet size and time of year.

Hourly rates may be too low

I hope you guys will give the furloughed Midwest pilots a good look. No doubt their 717 experience could be useful.

Hopefully, AAI co-pilot rates go up soon; making it viable for consideration. Otherwise I see it in the "why bother" category. Time will tell I suppose.

Never happen. We won't accept the SLI screw-job that SWAPA would demand.

What if they proceed with the transaction first, and then begin the SLI? That's how most mergers occur. The Delta method of SLI settlement first and then persuing the buyout was very unusual, possibly never even seen before in this industry.

What if they proceed with the transaction first, and then begin the SLI? That's how most mergers occur. The Delta method of SLI settlement first and then persuing the buyout was very unusual, possibly never even seen before in this industry.

They can certainly do that, but the contract then requires Allegheny-Mohawk integration, which means arbitration. So far, SWA has been unwilling to get involved in any transaction that would require arbitration, because they don't want the labor nightmare that could result.

stapler-swingline-red1.jpg
PCL

Meet Tom Winsor and his "little friend"

Heard this rumor the other day. Heard Fall 09' or Jan. 10'. Anyone else here that?
There would need to be a vacancy posted for that, allowing current people on property to move across aircraft if they wanted. Haven't heard anything about a vacancy notice...

Also have a few friends who bypassed, they haven't received any letters about returning, either. In fact, several who WANT to come back and CAN'T because there aren't any vacancies.

Would take that with a large grain of salt until the vacancy notice is published. They might well try to staff those two aircraft with existing crews and not hire until just before the summer block hour increase. Time will tell...

Latest resources

Back