• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran hiring updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anybody have any insight what the 737/717 mix will be? Just wondering how long I can expect to be on reserve in the 737.

Does anybody have any insight what the 737/717 mix will be? Just wondering how long I can expect to be on reserve in the 737.

With the new scope TA you can expect reserve for a long time. We are supposed to take 7 airplanes next year but they always seem to find a way to defer orders. I will believe it when I am flying them. I would be willing to bet the next 15% of our growth will go the regionals. Just a guess though.

With the new scope TA you can expect reserve for a long time. We are supposed to take 7 airplanes next year but they always seem to find a way to defer orders. I will believe it when I am flying them. I would be willing to bet the next 15% of our growth will go the regionals. Just a guess though.

Copy dat.

If you were a high powered exec with the shiny degree from Harvard, would you fly a 717 with say a combined pilot hourly rate of $249 (Hawaiian rates, 10yr CAPT, 5yr FO) or would you farm out some flying to a tiny little 76 seater with a combined pilot hourly rate of $123 (Skywest, 10yr CAPT, 5 YR FO)?

Copy dat.

If you were a high powered exec with the shiny degree from Harvard, would you fly a 717 with say a combined pilot hourly rate of $249 (Hawaiian rates, 10yr CAPT, 5yr FO) or would you farm out some flying to a tiny little 76 seater with a combined pilot hourly rate of $123 (Skywest, 10yr CAPT, 5 YR FO)?

Amen.

Copy dat.

would you fly a 717 with say a combined pilot hourly rate of $249 (Hawaiian rates, 10yr CAPT, 5yr FO) or would you farm out some flying to a tiny little 76 seater with a combined pilot hourly rate of $123 (Skywest, 10yr CAPT, 5 YR FO)?

Bingo. We have a winner.

Copy dat.

One color one list...every property....

And who is giving up the scope again? Not regional pilots!!! When will major pilots learn to say NO.

However, the fact that it takes 1.5+ 76 seaters to generate the revenue of a 717 will offset the pilot cost difference somewhat.

I don't know much about the TA in regarding the scope, just what I've read here of course. But is it saying that AT can fly 42 airframes up to 76 seats?

Is this something that they want to do or have the option? I know in 2002-2004 when Air Wisconsin was flying as Air Tran Jet Connect. They wanted us to fly 10 70 seater's I believe. It wasn't really profitable on either side and the numbers worked better with the 717!

I know our former CEO and Owner has joined the Board of Directors at Air Tran recently. Curious what the benefit is for that!

I don't know much about the TA in regarding the scope, just what I've read here of course. But is it saying that AT can fly 42 airframes up to 76 seats?

Is this something that they want to do or have the option? I know in 2002-2004 when Air Wisconsin was flying as Air Tran Jet Connect. They wanted us to fly 10 70 seater's I believe. It wasn't really profitable on either side and the numbers worked better with the 717!

I know our former CEO and Owner has joined the Board of Directors at Air Tran recently. Curious what the benefit is for that!

Max of 20 86 seaters permitted. 15 now and then 5 additional with mainline aircraft increasing at a 3:1 ratio. 20% of ASMs can be farmed out to the RJ world. 86 seaters capped at a certain % of that 20%.

One of Prater's elves said this was an insignificant amount and the ignorant masses shouldn't concern themselves with this little bit of trivia.

I'm amazed that Southwest could grow to 6000 pilots, 500+ aircraft, make money, have what appears on the surface to have a management team that values their employees, and accomplish all this without RJs. Truly mindboggling. Of course, their next growth might occur with the service of our comrades north and south of the border.

Latest resources

Back