Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the Transition Agreement I believe. I think ALPA Merger Policy traditionally has one CBA before an SLI, but since this is not two ALPA carriers anything is open.

If even one Captain's hard-earned seat is taken away, or stolen, there is the risk of
A usAir/Awa situation, which nobody wants.

I bet SWA has all AT pilots on probation for atleast 1 year to weed out those not willing to worship management or the SLI

If even one Captain's hard-earned seat is taken away, or stolen, there is the risk of

Are you saying if the AT pilots don't like the final decision they are going to vote out SWAPA?

STOLEN??? I thought you guys were hanging your confidence on the arbitrator. So are you making threats that your group will be like USAIR if you don't get your windfall and keep every seat?

If even one 8-9 yr FO is swinging gear for a 6yr AT captain there is no question this is going to be another us/aw nightmare .... Like all of us I'm hoping for the best but I wish this was all just a bad dream...sounds like we are about to get diagnosed with cancer and waiting to hear if it is treatable or not...good luck to all of us no matter what the outcome of the SLI will be..
we are certainly all gonna need it

(If even one 8-9 yr FO is swinging gear for a 6yr AT captain there is no question this is going to be another us/aw nightmare.......)

Question for SWA bubbas- I understand that the most junior Captain for SWA is a 2000 hire. Has he ever flown with a First Officer that is senior to him? If so, why?
Most likely because he took the upgrade at the earliest opportunity even though it would result in less quality of life. Other First Officers that were senior to him by passed the upgrade for domicile choices or other quality of life issues. Then the upgrades stopped. When SWA upgrades new Captains will they be able to displace the most junior Captain back to First Officer because they are senior? Of course not because that would trigger additional trickle down consequences that will echo throughout the system. I believe that once the transition agreement is complete with appropriate fences and protections for BOTH sides, the bulk of the growth will come for the SWA side of the fence allowing the new SLI to be more truly reflective of what an individual can hold on a specific bid. The upgrades will slow on the Airtran side and the upgrades will be accelerated on the SWA side. By the time the fence comes down it will probably be within a couple of months when comparing time to most junior upgrade.
Looking forward to better representation and better management.

Guys, I am pretty sure kwick is NOT an Airtran pilot. It sounds like he is just trying to get you guys all riled up and divide us. It really is pointless to argue this whole thing because we wont be the ones making the final decision.

Yes but since SWA doesn't have rates for the 717 the new contract could have the current AirTran rates for the 717. Also some CBAs have multi year seat lock provisions, which supersede a seniority list.

Fair enough, but if you are hiring, won't a senior FO have the opportunity to bid a higher paying FO seat ahead of a new hire? I would hope you wouldn't be that malicious.

Moderator hat on.

OK, I warned you guys. People aren't listening. Thread locked.

A NEW AirTran thread will be started soon, and I'm going to give you the following warning:

"JUST LIKE USAIRWAYS/AMERICA WEST THREADS: ANY discussion of SLI issues in a non-SLI thread will result in a Flightinfo vacation. Period. The end.

We did the same thing with AWA/UAir threads about 6 months ago. It got to where it proliferated through countless non-related threads, and we're nipping it in the bud right here.

There is a Southwest/AirTran Seniority List Integration thread. Go find it and post your comments there. If you find an AirTran pilot commenting about the SLI in a non-SLI Southwest thread, I'll ban them, too. This will be applied evenly across the board, and goes into affect NOW.

1st offense: 7 days
2nd offense: 30 days
3rd offense: permanent site ban

/mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back