• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran goes for Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate to break it to you, Lear, but you can expect a representational vote if this merger goes through. Still have your ALPA card? ;)
Actually... no. But I do have the copies of my 14 grievances still outstanding. Any recent updates on those?

I know, low blow... the grievance history here at AAI isn't much better from what I hear either, but you're barking up the wrong tree with ALPA here.

The anti-ALPA sentiment runs strong and deep at AAI, my bet it would be at least a 70/30 split in favor of the NPA even with the Midwest guys voting.

People are tired of ALPA.

Actually... no. But I do have the copies of my 14 grievances still outstanding. Any recent updates on those?

I know, low blow... the grievance history here at AAI isn't much better from what I hear either, but you're barking up the wrong tree with ALPA here.

The anti-ALPA sentiment runs strong and deep at AAI, my bet it would be at least a 70/30 split in favor of the NPA even with the Midwest guys voting.

People are tired of ALPA.

Hmm, who is NPA's attorney in your negotiations? Lets see a retired ALPA attorney. Hmm, how does NPA provide medical, negotiating, legal, security, accident investigations, etc. services to their members? Lets see they pay ALPA for all those. Hmm, how much cash does NPA have available in case that you may need to have a strike center are maybe even a strike? Lets see $0. Hmm, what is the difference in dues? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same? NPA was 1% but I think its now 1.95%. Why not get the milk straight from the cow? I'm interested in the direction ALPA takes after the first of the year with the new president.

I dunno what I'm talking about either....But.. to explain.. No ALPA I say ye !... So... you fellas never heard of Hotdish A? .... Exactly what I'm talking bout... Probably never been ice fishing either... and never hear of Ol Swill.... C'mon my ATL flyin brothers. It's OK... I'm sure there are some southern tradition and cultural points I am not familiar with...

Let me define for the sake of discourse:

Hotdish- kinda midwestern mess of noodles, tomatoe sauce, and onions

Ol Swill- Old Milwaukee Beer.. pretty cheap beer.. but tastes great !

Ice Fishing- Sitting on a frozen lake.. enjoying the quiet peace..fishin/drinking

Laugh and joke now, but the 2nd offering will land the hook in the final chapter of Midwest Express. I'm very curious to see how peacably the pilot groups will work out the integration of seniority. My guess is the AirTran side will take a bath, inspite of being the host company.

I've been up at the cabin for a few days... I could use a bath...

Ahh... seniority, it'll all work itself out. The lawyers will get rich, people will get pissed, and certainly... it wont be fair to all parties. But we can hope for the best.. and most importantly the pilots from both groups should play nice in the sandbox.. I say welcome and lets work together for the good of our future... period. Mid Ex is a great group of folks.....

I hope da NPA is talking to the MEC up dar in MKE eh !! I'll give the union hall a jingle to see waaas up !

I'm very curious to see how peacably the pilot groups will work out the integration of seniority. My guess is the AirTran side will take a bath, inspite of being the host company.

And your guess is based on what . . . . . nothing.

AirTran has had 6 years of profitability and 20% annual growth. Our career expectations (key, according to ALPA) is for continued growth, quick upgrades, etc.

Midex has had five years of stagnation, furloughs, etc., and only recently got all the furloughees back and has hired a few pilots. In that same time, we more than doubled in size, and hired almost 900 pilots.

So, Crackpad, I ask you again . . . . what do you base your "guess" on, since it sure isn't based upon reason, logic, or past precedent? ;)

Last edited:
Hmm, how much cash does NPA have available in case that you may need to have a strike center are maybe even a strike? Lets see $0.

Ah, another "expert" spreading misinformation.

We certainly do have a strike fund. We also have a merger/contingency fund, both of which are now fully funded, and so we recently began reducing the assessment.

Why don't you stick to something you realy do have some knowlege of, like the nether parts of farm animals, and leave the dispensing of AirTran info to those of us who do know what we are talking about.

I'm interested in the direction ALPA takes after the first of the year with the new president.

Since most of your post was wrong, no reason to stop now, huh?

The President of the NPA is not going to be replaced with a management pilot, not unless we have hired too many "brain sturgeons" like yourself in the past 5 years. Guess we'll find out soon enough.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't want to debate with Ty. He's one of 'the greats' on this board, IMHO.
Reason and logic never play a factor in this industry, but past precedent has shown pilots getting the shaft over and over. Midwests' pilot group is smaller and tighter than the rings around Uranus. If the same isn't true for Aitran, I fear the scales of fairness may be tipped in some local meeting place off Howell avenue. I have witnessed the seniority ladder kicked out inspite of having union represention.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back