Airtran gets number 100:)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don,

Easy dude.. No I'm not a scab nor am I an old Valujet remnent and as far as the good old days go,they were certainly far from good. If we flew 30 pax that was a good load. I was just wondering why you were so pissed of at the jetblue 190 pay? You're not working there.
I understand that you are concerned about the pay levels at various airlines, but to say to the guy that his airline is bringing down the industry is a bit harsh. Thats great that you have confidence in our negotiating team, as do I however, the final decision as to whether or not a tentative agreement gets ratified is up to the membership, not management nor anyone on the negotiating commitee. If it is sucky, and we ratify it, then blame us not some jetblue guy because their payrates are bad.

Sorry if I offended you, that was not the intent.

717capt said:
Don,

Easy dude.. No I'm not a scab nor am I an old Valujet remnent and as far as the good old days go,they were certainly far from good. If we flew 30 pax that was a good load. I was just wondering why you were so pissed of at the jetblue 190 pay? You're not working there.
I understand that you are concerned about the pay levels at various airlines, but to say to the guy that his airline is bringing down the industry is a bit harsh. Thats great that you have confidence in our negotiating team, as do I however, the final decision as to whether or not a tentative agreement gets ratified is up to the membership, not management nor anyone on the negotiating commitee. If it is sucky, and we ratify it, then blame us not some jetblue guy because their payrates are bad.

Sorry if I offended you, that was not the intent.

Again...

Re-read what I wrote. Nowhere did I tie in our contract negotiations and future ratification vote with JetBlue. However, their pathetically low -190 pay rates will put downward pressure on our pay rates. Why? Because we are expanding just as fast as they are. At some point in the near future, it is inevitable that we are going to start crossing paths.

I hope this clarifies.

Latest resources

Back