Airtran gets into the RJ game

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyDeltaJets:

1.) FYI - Your condescending tone and "quips" ARE insulting.

2.) Question rephrased and still stands... How much is DELTA paying you lately?

PS - I never would wish you or anyone bad fortune or furlough.. and I'm sure you have found employment.. good for you... my point remains.. Delta is NOT the end of the rainbow. You are not as astute as you apparantly think you are.

End of joust.

Just got back from taking a 738 to FRA back then to FCO. Be preapred for some pretty serious TB(tired butt):D

FlyDeltasJets said:
That's an astute observation FL, but I would ask you to back it up with a single time when I insuted anyone. You are free to use the search function to peruse my posts. When you find one, I invite you to quote it.

PS.
To answer your "How much I am making while on furlough" question, I can honestly answer: More than the most senior Airtran captain. I know that you are happy that I secured such good employment.

Wow. Not sure where that came from. I was trying to make a little joke based on our experiences. Perhaps you've noticed we talk about them a little over here.

P.S.
Please allow me to put your mind at ease. I would never work for airtan. You don't have to worry about accidentally hiring me because I have never (and will never) submitted a resume.

FDJ
Proud to be a part of a pilot group who puts positive, rather than negative, pressure on pilot salaries.

You were trying to make a little joke…? At whose expense?

You would never work for Airtran? spare me – is this another joke of yours or how do we tell when you’re joking? (enlighten me as I’m not as smart) In case you are joking (as I can’t tell when you are), I got a whole bunch of other reasons why you’d never work at FL, but then what if, upon disclosing, you wouldn’t think they were funny, then, would the rest of us, peons, have to start treating it seriously?

If you’re truly still w/ Delta, (I doubt it, however, none of the Delta guys I know are show offs, as they’re more concerned about the task at hand) then “making more than the most senior FL captain is nothing to blow your own horn about - has it ever occurred to you that may be why ma’ Delta is losing $350 mil this quarter?

"Investigate your prev. posts?" A little insecure about people taking your word?

“I know that you are happy that I secured such good employment.” I know 800+ pilots (soon to be 1,400, or, is it 1,700??) that would disagree with you.

Proud to be a part of a pilot group who puts positive, rather than negative, pressure on pilot salaries. Again I have the same 800 witnesses that would take a different stand.

Based on this thread alone, w/out further checking into you posts, you have a superiority complex in combination w/ a lack of confidence. Look at all the “I’s” & “me’s” in your posts, as opposed to “we” & “us” in any one of our FL’s guys' posts. Think about it. Or is this another joke of yours?

“You want to put someone’s mind at ease?” I’ll tell you how – humble down a bit – it will do miracles for you.

If this guy thinks he is making "more than the most senior FL Capt" (in other words, over $200K) while he's on the street, well, then, he's not on furlough- he's on mental, err, I mean medical leave.

Best to just leave him be. "Never argue with a Fool; people might not know the difference".

Murphy

Ty Webb said:
If this guy thinks he is making "more than the most senior FL Capt" (in other words, over $200K) while he's on the street, well, then, he's not on furlough- he's on mental, err, I mean medical leave.

Best to just leave him be. "Never argue with a Fool; people might not know the difference".

Murphy

Hey Murphy, or..., I mean, Ty, I thought it went like this, "Left to themselves, things always go from bad to worse."

Time out

Now children, go to your rooms and take a time out. Obviously there are things that you all did not contemplate, like AirTran doing whatever everyone else did.

Naturally the first reaction is about a scope clause to stop them from increasing their business.

And we wonder why this whole thing is so screwed up.

Re: Time out

Publishers said:
Now children, go to your rooms and take a time out. Obviously there are things that you all did not contemplate, like AirTran doing whatever everyone else did.

Naturally the first reaction is about a scope clause to stop them from increasing their business.

And we wonder why this whole thing is so screwed up.

uh huh

crosscut said:
You were trying to make a little joke…? At whose expense?

------Uhh, at my own! It is pretty clear that our codesharing has presented us with some pretty big problems.

You would never work for Airtran? spare me – is this another joke of yours or how do we tell when you’re joking? (enlighten me as I’m not as smart) In case you are joking (as I can’t tell when you are), I got a whole bunch of other reasons why you’d never work at FL, but then what if, upon disclosing, you wouldn’t think they were funny, then, would the rest of us, peons, have to start treating it seriously?

-------Sorry, but that wasn't a joke. I wouldn't work for airtran.

If you’re truly still w/ Delta, (I doubt it, however, none of the Delta guys I know are show offs, as they’re more concerned about the task at hand) then “making more than the most senior FL captain is nothing to blow your own horn about - has it ever occurred to you that may be why ma’ Delta is losing $350 mil this quarter?

-------Read the thread a little bit more carefully. I freely admitted that I was furloughed. My income is currently coming from a source other than DAL.

"Investigate your prev. posts?" A little insecure about people taking your word?

--------Not really. I was accused of something and asked for proof.

“I know that you are happy that I secured such good employment.” I know 800+ pilots (soon to be 1,400, or, is it 1,700??) that would disagree with you.

--------933 so far. I am one of them. Again, please read the thread a bit more carefully.

Proud to be a part of a pilot group who puts positive, rather than negative, pressure on pilot salaries. Again I have the same 800 witnesses that would take a different stand.

-------I would imagine that all 933 of us would not take a different stand.

Based on this thread alone, w/out further checking into you posts, you have a superiority complex in combination w/ a lack of confidence. Look at all the “I’s” & “me’s” in your posts, as opposed to “we” & “us” in any one of our FL’s guys' posts. Think about it. Or is this another joke of yours?

-------You are correct. We should take a lesson from you.

“You want to put someone’s mind at ease?” I’ll tell you how – humble down a bit – it will do miracles for you.

I am quite humble. I am furloughed, and I hate it. I can't wait to return to work. However, when someone (unprovoked) calls me a "whiny Delta pilot" I will respond. I am proud to be a Delta pilot, and I am proud of what we have accomplised together. I stated so, and attempted to put my attackers mind at ease by assuring him that I have no intention of applying to his airline.

Ty Webb said:

Murphy

Without getting into a pi$$ing match, I would remind you that I never said I took a flying job. I did not. However, I did find other employment, and I am pretty satisfied with the salary. My point was not to brag about what I make, but to answer a rather pointed question.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back