Airtran gets into the RJ game

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flydeltasjets,
the only thing that could go wrong would be if we accidentally hired some crybaby delta furloughee during our growth.

DCitrus9 said:
flydeltasjets,
the only thing that could go wrong would be if we accidentally hired some crybaby delta furloughee during our growth.

Wouldn't that be ironic?

"FlyDeltasJets" - as opposed to the Delta Connection ones - I take it? Always wondered about that sign in ATL.

So if I understand this correctly, How did Airtran the low cost carrier, acquire a fee for departure airline that also serves major airline companies also and continue to offer those low low prices.

Seems to me that the competition with Delta will now be much harder cause Big D is the "RJ Powerhouse".

Good luck AirTran guys. Do you guys remember where your ankles are?

How do you know Air Wis has a fee per departure agreement with Air Tran?

I don't know that, do you know that?

S.

Old Crow- your Village called. Seems they want their Idiot back. . .

I'm going to put it into terms even you should be able to understand- Leveraged Growth.

What we are doing is using subcontractors in smaller jets with lower DOC's on routes that have lighter loads, so that we can expand in bigger markets without overcommitting our resources. Pretty simple stuff. Why use 117 seats to SAV when we can use something smaller, still make money and bring people into our system, and send the 117 seater somewhere else where we can fill it.

We have decent scope, but I doubt it will be an issue. We're hiring, not furloughing.

Of course, if you, in your infinite wisdom, think you have a better plan, why don't you buy some of our stock, and raise the subject at the next shareholders' meeting. I am sure that they would be awed by your acumen and offer you a Directorship immediately.

Anybody have any idea where AirTran is planning on operating these flights from in Atlanta? I know they have maxed out all of their gate space, and I thought all of the other space was spoken for. I know ASA is having a tough time finding more.

I know AirTran has some gates on D concourse...there was an e-mail about that from management a few month back...
There is also a tunnel from south end of concourse C (AirTran side) to concourse D...which Eastern used for connections. It's currently closed.
So that could be the plan...don't know

DCitrus9 said:
flydeltasjets,

Wow. Not sure where that came from. I was trying to make a little joke based on our experiences. Perhaps you've noticed we talk about them a little over here.

P.S.
Please allow me to put your mind at ease. I would never work for airtan. You don't have to worry about accidentally hiring me because I have never (and will never) submitted a resume.

FDJ
Proud to be a part of a pilot group who puts positive, rather than negative, pressure on pilot salaries.

FlyDeltaJets:

1.) Seems when you are the one insulting others... its just a "joke" When others come back at you... its all personal and we just aren't as "smart" as you.

2.) A "negative" pressure on salaries??!! How much are you earning on furlough??

Its okay to be a company cheerleader, I sure have been one on this board... but you really need to take off the sunglasses... you really aren't seeing straight these days.

That's an astute observation FL, but I would ask you to back it up with a single time when I insuted anyone. You are free to use the search function to peruse my posts. When you find one, I invite you to quote it.

PS.
To answer your "How much I am making while on furlough" question, I can honestly answer: More than the most senior Airtran captain. I know that you are happy that I secured such good employment.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back