• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
haha

good one MJ

Fare's! or Fairs! Need raised!

Agreed, we all know that. But, there is a fine line to how much and how fast airlines can raise fares and if the increases will be matched. Like I said, your assessment seems to be fair.

if they change to a merit system, then the uniform will have to change. knee pads will be added to the slacks for all the ones who suddenly find themselves on their knees when mgmt asks for "favors".

how can a merit system work in an environment where your job is simply to move from point a to point b safely? this happens at every airline on 99.9999% of the flights.
Yeah, the new status quo will be the F/O(hoping for upgrade), blows some mgmt. pogue, and a Captain will have to play with the pogue's azz, so he can keep his job.
PCL, your up!
PBR

haha

good one MJ

Fare's! or Fairs! Need raised!
Fairs....mmmmhhhhm, carny chicks, hottest sluts around, as long as you don't mind chicks with facial hair, FREEAKS RULE!
PBR

Agreed, we all know that. But, there is a fine line to how much and how fast airlines can raise fares and if the increases will be matched. Like I said, your assessment seems to be fair.

Thats true. Doesn't appear the big whigs from different airlines could actually get together and work that out. Lets raise rates on such and such date.

Airlines need better negotiators. SWA has the best team of Negotiators. Everything from gate choices, to getting local governments help to Fuel Hedge's. The other company's need to step up in these areas.

$49 dollar fairs are not going to get it done with 130 dollar a barrel oil.

For any airline except maybe SWA to operate in this environment they must Raise rates this year. Period.

The public is still using the airlines in large numbers. Load factors are still good. Flying today is cheaper than it was in the 1970's.

Its time for management to raise fairs. Many other industries are passing the costs down to the consumers. The airlines must do the same.

In this difficult time the airlines need to work together. Too many company's are working against each other right now. They need to have a "Coming Together" party and agree to raise rates across the board. The fair wars needs to be a thing of the past. Lets work together and get it done.

The only bump in the roads to raising rates is SWA. They are obviously positioned much better than the rest. They have great fuel hedges and plenty of cash on hand. (This is another reason why ALL the other airlines must work together) The fight should be against SWA.

Teamwork is key right now.
I believe this is called "Price fixing" and is illegal. Bleeding needs to stop, raise fares, and keep your filthy hands out of my pocket!

I believe this is called "Price fixing" and is illegal. Bleeding needs to stop, raise fares, and keep your filthy hands out of my pocket!

Big Oil gets away with it. So why can't the airlines?

They are gonna have to work together to have any chance of surviving in today's economy.

Jetstream >> That plane will make you a great pilot!!

Fat ones are still good if the FAIRS are higher!
If you are gonna take the ride, you gots to pay the fare. Fat chicks, like humpin' a water bed, yeehaw!
PBR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back