• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Farms out pilot jobs!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was our own companies flying! In case you don't know Apple owns USA 3000.

Again, what kind of growth did USA 3000 experience after Apple cut TransMeridian and started your airline?

......The "camel's nose" has penetrated the tent!!

Mke is going to be an all out war between 3 airlines and everybody will suffer except the last man standing, which will probably be WN.

Again, what kind of growth did USA 3000 experience after Apple cut TransMeridian and started your airline?

What in the world are you talking about? You are not seriously trying to justify flying for a loss on the Apple flying and then complaining about some one taking your growth flying with RJ's? Incredible! That's Kharma alright.

Mke is going to be an all out war between 3 airlines and everybody will suffer except the last man standing, which will probably be WN.
I think it is Republic/Frontier that will face a interesting battle. Southwest appears to be going all out in Denver and now it appears AirTran is going all out in Milwaukee. A battle from two fronts.

Don't forget Republic is adding a ton of capacity in MKE with 5 Airbus now in MKE as well as a bunch of E-190s coming online. Airtran will be over 50 departures a day next year with the addition of DFW (717), increased DCA service (717), and Skywest flying (CRJs). Not sure if Southwest will be a huge deal with their 12 flights a day. Airtran's 717s/737s and Frontier Airbus are lower cost than Southwest 737s now that everyone pays about the same for Jet A. Southwest isn't quite the 800 lb gorilla they were a year or two ago.

I wouldn't underestimate SWA. They have enough loot in the bank to offer $19 fares out of MKE and DEN for ten years. That's SOP for ever major out there. He who can bleed the longest without dying, wins.

I wouldn't underestimate SWA. They have enough loot in the bank to offer $19 fares out of MKE and DEN for ten years. That's SOP for ever major out there. He who can bleed the longest without dying, wins.
Considering that SWA flew 9.4% less ASMs in Oct 2009 than October 2008 while Airtran and Jetblue both grew ASMs by 7% in Oct 2009, I have to disagree with you. Looks like Gary Kelly is protecting the shareholder by trying to shrink to profitability (and reduce some routes/frequencies that are underperforming). I don't see Gary Kelly playing the marketshare games that have got most legacies in trouble this decade.

Latest resources

Back