• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Expects Profit every Quarter this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard we are hedged at $60 per barrel going forward. Not sure how far forward or if this is even true. My source said Fornaro personally told him this.

35% hedged for 2009. If oil at $40/barrel, we pay $51/barrel for 35% of our fuel. If oil at $60, we pay $66 and if oil at $80, we pay $71. These numbers are off Fornaro's powerpoint presentation this week. It looks like benefit kicks in around $70/barrel (on 35%).

Other good news is crack spread has come down to $6/barrel in March 2009 after averaging $25/barrel for 2008.

Dont worry ALPA will be here and we will have unity and a contract in 6 months, because ALPA and all their resources that was used at Midex,TWA,UAL,Comair,ASA,Mesa,Spirit,Eagle(15yrs).

Alpa=Please do not look at our past to judge our future. Our mgt team has never dealt with ALPA before!

Poor Scarlet, always on the outside of the group looking in.

When the majority disagree with you, the majority of the time, I submit that it might be time for a little self-examination of yourself? Your goals? Your priorities?

85%+ of the pilot group (my prediction on ALPA vote outcome) can't be all wrong, my friend. Just a thought...

high % of herd mentality will get alpo elected.

RV
Or it *could* be the high % of people fed up with the repeated abuse from management and the NPA seemingly unable to rally the pilot group to begin the "hard fight" that needs to happen.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Without a strike, or at least the very REAL threat of one, including the funds to accomplish it, the will of the pilot group to accomplish it, the preparation of union leadership for it, then finally, when ready, being released into self-help and the clock starting, management will do NOTHING towards getting a REAL contract with REAL improvements and not trading away 2 things we need for every 1 thing we get back.

Something has to change, and the anti-ALPA crowd has yet to provide a clear, concise plan for accomplishing the above goals, or even that they are INTERESTED in doing anything but bending over and taking whatever the company gives.

THAT'S why the ALPA merger is going to be ratified. The big question is, will the new MEC be aggressive, proactive, and as openly-communicative as they have in the last week and, even more, moving forward? If they won't, it'll be the same old "recall after 1 year" thing we've already had. If they will, all this angst will have been worth it.

Dont worry ALPA will be here and we will have unity and a contract in 6 months, because ALPA and all their resources that was used at Midex,TWA,UAL,Comair,ASA,Mesa,Spirit,Eagle(15yrs).

Alpa=Please do not look at our past to judge our future. Our mgt team has never dealt with ALPA before!

Said the Gojet scum.

high % of herd mentality will get alpo elected.

RV
So twepilot and Scarlet what do you suggest? What ideas do you have? What is your involvement? The NPA is broken and has become ineffective. The herd sees that and is tired of it! ALPA is not perfect, but I believe it has the chance to be better than what we have currently.

Latest resources

Back