• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran emergency lndg.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Arkady said: If the Canadians (much less the Pakistanis or Saudis...or god forbid...the Dutch) started pouring cement on a new 12,000' runway for their new airbase in Peoria - there would be pick-up trucks full of armed militias flooding in from all over the country (even if Nascar was on tv that day) for what these occupiers would probably refer to as...I don't know...an "insurgent war" (regardless of whether or not the new base had the blessing of our govt.).

The Germans have an airbase here in America. They even get to fly their own flag over it. The protests have been deafening.

Fellow A-Wipes of Flight Info:

- G.W. Bush is a GOD. He has a lot of strategery you can't even begin to comprehend.

- Yes. EVERYONE, EVERYONE, in the aviation World has tried to get on with AirTran. Why do some of you deny it?

- I LOVE being part of the intelligentsia that is the cadre of Professional Pilots.

- I now reveal my TRUE identity: I am Yuri K. Wiedinkski and I fly for one of the Top Ten Major Airlines. I came to this country with my family 30 years ago, and now I am a jet pilot. I have a uniform, a hat, and a PROFESSION. Can YOU say that?

This is a good, NO, THE BEST, job!

YKW

Last edited:
Whine Lover,

Don't you have a flying circus?

"The Wiedinkskis"

I left the trapeze act as it had no amount of the respect that I receive as Professional Pilot. Also, I could not stand the smell of the Elephant urine. Now, I only have to take sh i t from French Fry Servers in Scheduling, Gate Agent, and Manglement.

Do not make fun of my name. It is Family. I guess in Amerika you could say: "Wee-Dink-Ski" implying a small phallic stature... BUT, in my Country, we are descendants of the Royal Aristocracy.

I need NO liquids to take YOU "down". I simply send men in suits driving Zlin sedan.

Da?

YKW

Last edited:
[The Germans have an airbase here in America. They even get to fly their own flag over it. The protests have been deafening.[/quote]

Well played brother. But while there is a bit of "truthiness" to that...describing Holloman USAFB (where 300 some odd Germans are permanent guests on a United States Air Force Base comprised of almost 6000 US military personnel & govt. contractors - where all the operations and flying falls under the direct command of the US military commander) as a German airbase is a bit of a stretch and rather disingenuous. Sort of like saying that because Emirates flies into JFK - that it's their hub. Flag and all.

Regards

Can't and don't want to read through all the BS post about whos Co is better than the others, but I saw a great demo from an ATF guy about how easy it is to make a bomb out of everyday stuff and how easy it would be to bring on board a liquid bomb. So as far as the H2O being taken away and a flight diverted because a pax had a bottle then it is just another example of TSA not doing a good enough check. I think the crew did the right thing. Park the jet and figure it out on the ground, not in the air after the bomb goes off. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back