AirTran emergency lndg.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mullet said:
Had this happen the other day. Told the F/A to make the pax drink it and go about your business.

The article doesnt say who the passenger was. "what if" it was a 26 year old, Iraqi male, and in his other hand he had a lighter. We can assume it was not the case, but more likely a 40 year old lady who was lost in her own little world.

As much as it inconvienced everyone, I still think the captain made the right call.

The obvious solution was to depressurize the airplane and turn off the packs. The water will quickly freeze in the -40 degree air, rendering it solid and hence harmless.

I notice that, out of all the responses to this string, only Uppercrust decided to take the low road (big surprise) and hide in the shadows, and make his juvenile statements about the 1400+ pilots of AirTran, pilots who came from pretty much every domestic carrier in the country.

Nice, Crusty . . . . you don't have the testicular fortitude to tell us who you work for, if anyone, but you seem to exist on this board for the sole purpose of bad-mouthing AirTran . . . . you really are one pathetic and twisted individual.

Sorry that you got turned down, but it was obviously a smart decision by the interviewers . . . . now, how about moving on and growing up?

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
I notice that, out of all the responses to this string, only Uppercrust decided to take the low road (big surprise) and hide in the shadows, and make his juvenile statements about the 1400+ pilots of AirTran, pilots who came from pretty much every domestic carrier in the country.

Nice, Crusty . . . . you don't have the testicular fortitude to tell us who you work for, if anyone, but you seem to exist on this board for the sole purpose of bad-mouthing AirTran . . . . you really are one pathetic and twisted individual.

Sorry that you got turned down, but it was obviously a smart decision by the interviewers . . . . now, how about moving on and growing up?

hey Ty I had an air tran flight attendant tell me that joke about birth control a few weeks ago

ackattacker said:
The obvious solution was to depressurize the airplane and turn off the packs. The water will quickly freeze in the -40 degree air, rendering it solid and hence harmless.

I would have gone inverted scaring the passengers unconscious thus foiling any potential terrorist's plot. Why should the pilots have to endure -40 degree air?

skiandsurf said:
What does that mean? Remember they put one in the everglades one time. Not knowing what was in the bottle, and under the current situation, I think the crew did the right thing. I think the passengers should beat the hell out of the passenger for not following the rules.

What would they have done if this flight was somewhere over the Pacific Ocean?????

A few more of these 'emergency landings' and perhaps there will be some pressure to make security sensible.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back