• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran cuts some more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Finally some good news. The FLICA Q and A was modified today stating the company is possibly going to increase the utilization rate of the 717 for 2009. This will possible prevent furloughs from occuring.

The only bad news is that some of our mainline pilots will have to swallow their pride and transition over to the RJ side of the operation.

just curious, I saw an AirTran aircraft in one of the DAL hangars with the tail logo removed. Does anyone know what's going on with that aircraft?

just curious, I saw an AirTran aircraft in one of the DAL hangars with the tail logo removed. Does anyone know what's going on with that aircraft?
Delta paid Airtran $100,000 to borrow the airplane for a week and pull it into the hangar using it as a moral booster before they make the post-merger cuts. After the week in the Delta hangar with everyone congratulating everyone on the beginning of the death of Airtran, it is probably going to Africa or Asia never again to be seen on the North American continent.

We were just told in class today from a retired guy(instructor) that it is all the captains fault at Airtran for not flying in the right seat. Then proceeded to spew scab retoric for the next 40 minutes.

Did LOA 9 provide complete relief from furloughing those guys(retired instructors). Since the 35 new furloughs wouldn't have been on probation did the company realize that they would now have to furlough 15 of their buddies and they are now backpedaling claiming now that it is just a balancing of equipment??

Common Max.... Tell me your smarter then that. AAI was in no way anywhere close to filing for bankruptcy. At least not in 2008. Heck, even with the earnings estimates that were being thrown out in mid summer AAI could operate well into 2009 before filling bankruptcy with the 500 million cash they have on hand (or the cash they can get). Tell me you have better business sense then that.....

We were just told in class today from a retired guy(instructor) that it is all the captains fault at Airtran for not flying in the right seat. Then proceeded to spew scab retoric for the next 40 minutes.

What did you tell the Scab instructor? I hope you told him to shove it up his scab a$$.

Delta is getting 717s! Probably to try to drive the nail harder into us! (Yes, I did a PC today, and it was confirmed by the sim operators [not checkers, though they did too]).

Now, let's talk about the braintrust that has us hedged over 120 right now, and mgmnt still has the balls to ask for concessions when THEY are costing us millions, and WE save them millions -- what gives?

Everybody and their mother knew the oil bubble was going to burst, yet we hedged high (yes I know LUV and AAI did some too).

What did you tell the Scab instructor? I hope you told him to shove it up his scab a$$.
It wasn't pretty, the whole class was short of a cou-de-gras. Also a classmate said he overheard another fine retired guy laughing about the fact that some of us will be right back in Jan learning a different aircraft. I hope LOA 9 was a one time shot and these fellows go out the door.

I call BS. I just had my "Displacement CA" checkride and heard none of this stuff from anyone in the training center the entire time I was there.

If it DID happen, then I hope you verbally shot him in the face. If not, grow some stones.

BTW, it now sounds like there will only be displacements and not furloughs. Could it be that CAs refusing to fly right seat might have actually SAVED 35 guys from furlough?

Latest resources

Back