• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Cuts Growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if they might take the 73 deliveries, and park some of the oldest 717's. The first ones should be around 8-9 years old in 07 - 08.

Marko Ramius said:
If this situation were to continue for a longer period with Airtran, there could be of concern imo but that remains to be seen. JetBlue is under the microscope simply because they are the media magnet of the LCC's, and they have strayed from the original plan with mixed results so far. Like Kurtis says: 'These are the breaks'.
The villainious schoolmaster speaks true. :)

I still believe that since jetBlue has been able to raise fares of late with the other airlines, that they will be just fine. The cash flow problem 'Blue was having is solved by the increased revenue from higher ticket prices they're enjoying (even $5, $7, and $10 makes a BIG difference). Pretty basic concept, really.

Given the amount that fares have gone up in the last 30 days, I wonder if strategically jetBlue is mourning that decision and the loss of those RPM's...?

Wow. 24 hours and no one's come out of the closet with a big stick to bash airTran. cool... :D

AirTran has my respect! The company, love them or hate them, is ran by saavy aggressive managers.

They have overcome a lot more than most other upstarts had to deal with and matured into a profitable major airline. Not many airlines can say that.

Good for you guys and thanks for hiring your share of ATA pilots, more than any other airline on this board.

Yeah, but somehow Airtran cutting growth turns into more of a bash JBLU post.

I think that the JBLU bashing is so popular has little to do with JBLU and more to do with media bashing. I'm spring loaded to not trust and loathe anything that the media is hyping. The numbers don't lie, JBLU is a great airline with great employees and great service.

I don't need the stinking "Good Morning America" crew to spoon feed me on what I need or how I need to think.

Is that twisted thinking or what? :eek:

I don't see it......

Truckdriver said:
Yeah, but somehow Airtran cutting growth turns into more of a bash JBLU post.

I was rather surprised to read your comment and had to slowly go back over every post on this thread. I STILL can't find any post that amounts to jetBlue "bashing". You'll have to show them to me.

This thread didn't even mention jetBlue until you and mannyaplus11 started a side dialogue. I do not think this thread is a jetBlue bashing thread at ALL.

In fact let me add this comment to my original post from the first page:

I think that jetBlue management is 2nd only to Southwest in Labor-Management relations and are a GREAT example of how to run and manage a company from a purely H.R. point of view.

Peace.

FL717 said:
I was rather surprised to read your comment and had to slowly go back over every post on this thread. I STILL can't find any post that amounts to jetBlue "bashing". You'll have to show them to me.

This thread didn't even mention jetBlue until you and mannyaplus11 started a side dialogue. I do not think this thread is a jetBlue bashing thread at ALL.

In fact let me add this comment to my original post from the first page:

I think that jetBlue management is 2nd only to Southwest in Labor-Management relations and are a GREAT example of how to run and manage a company from a purely H.R. point of view.

Peace.

I'll agree. I hope the best for everyone at Airtran and also think it is a great company. Hopefully this slowing won't effect the hiring and upgrading as much as the slowdown at JBLU did. Lets all keep our fingers crossed for no major hurricanes and no terrorist shenanagins!

That is a very poorly written article, and I think it has led some of you guys to confuse REVENUE GROWTH with GROWTH. Not the same thing.

I suspect this announcement has more to do with the fact that we made $36 million last quarter and now even the most pro-company pilot realizes that the money is there for our new contract.

We have grow

Ty Webb said:
That is a very poorly written article, and I think it has led some of you guys to confuse REVENUE GROWTH with GROWTH. Not the same thing.

I suspect this announcement has more to do with the fact that we made $36 million last quarter and now even the most pro-company pilot realizes that the money is there for our new contract.

We have grow

If you plan on slowing revenue growth and you are getting lots of new airplanes, you must either get less airplanes or continue to get the airplanes and fly them less. It makes no sense to continue to get lots of airplanes and then lower utilization. Other articles do say that Airtran plans on getting less 737's in 07 and 08. It does not say how many but it does say they expect to get less. And yes, you will still have "grow" just less of it. Here is an articles that say Airtran will get less 737's.

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/transportation/10308044.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

To my knowledge, we have not sold any 320's. The origional 5 tail numbers we were told are still here, and there hasn't been any mention of any sale for a couple months now. My opinion, with the launch of our charter flying, they won't be going anywhere.

Latest resources

Back