• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran cuts again for '09

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMMM... Do you guys ever get sick of being so negative???? WE ARE RECALLING PILOTS....... But then again I guess everything is JL and BF's fault..... I guess the $72 million AAI is projected to earn in 2009 is not enough for you guys. Guess what, Load factors are up again for Nov...... Get over it guys, this industry sucks, but AAI managment is doing what it takes to stay in business for a long, long time...
I guess all the extra fees Airtran has implemented aren't hurting demand to bad. Southwest is running commercials on every football game I have watched this fall about no extra fees yet there year of year load factor decreased 6% for November. American and Continentals load factors down 3-4% as well. I wouldn't stick the fork in Airtran just yet.

Fornaro wouldn't be cranking up the 2009 aircraft utilization levels unless he felt it would be a cash positive proposition. I give Airtran's business plan a better chance of working with low fuel prices and a slow economy than high fuel prices and a decent economy.

In addition, the 2009 projected profit is closer to $85 million. We have about 117 million outstanding shares and the analyst EPS average estimate for 2009 off Airtran.com is $0.72.

Last edited:
HMMM... Do you guys ever get sick of being so negative???? WE ARE RECALLING PILOTS....... But then again I guess everything is JL and BF's fault.....

Wow . . . . a real, live cheerleader.

I don't know about you, pal, but 4 years without a raise, the constant re-interpretations, the threats of terminating furloughees, the contract hostages, the lack of respect, the crappy hotels, and lame middle management that can't seem to find its collective ass with both hands . . . . bungled fuel hedging, bungled mergers, bungled FA furloughs, bungled scheduling, bungled planning, bungled forecasting . . . and furloughs that are now proving to be an expensive experiment . . . . . but, hey, if you have little to no self respect, I guess it suits you fine. At least you have your hat.:rolleyes:

Ty

Last edited:
I don't know about you, pal, but 4 years without a raise, the constant re-interpretations, the threats of terminating furloughees, the contract hostages, the lack of respect, the crappy hotels, and lame middle management that can't seem to find its collective ass with both hands . . . . bungled fuel hedging, bungled mergers, bungled FA furloughs, bungled scheduling, bungled planning, bungled forecasting . . . and furloughs that are now proving to be an expensive experiment . . . . . but, hey, if you have little to no self respect, I guess it suits you fine. At least you have your hat.:rolleyes:

Ty
I agree with alot of what you are saying but lets see what the voter turnout is for this election next week. Having a 60%-70% voter turnout doesn't exactly send any strong messages to anybody. How long does it take to read a few position papers, ask a few questions on a forum or to other pilots, and vote? If we can't even get guys to do this, I doubt our SPC is going to have an easy job over the next 12 months.

I agree with alot of what you are saying but lets see what the voter turnout is for this election next week. Having a 60%-70% voter turnout doesn't exactly send any strong messages to anybody.

Hell, I'd be happy to get a 60% turnout. I think we'll be lucky if we break 45% at this rate.

Wow . . . . a real, live cheerleader.

Ty

5 years with a 50 cent raise once a year:rolleyes: , making a cool $14.75 an hour now and almost living pay check to pay check, offered a choice in 2005 of a voluntary fulough from my then gate agent job or a choice of loading bags on the ramp, offered a class by American Eagle last May to chase my professional pilot dream only to be called back later saying "just kidding you have to stay at your AirTran job", lack of respect from every department questioning what we do in the tower, and having a slow student load as a CFI...god I love aviation(small hint of smart pilot sarcasm):0

Glad to hear the pilots are getting called back! Hopefully AirTran will be back strong again in 2009 and 2010.

Last edited:
"Well . . . . the world needs ditch-diggers, too."

"SPAULDING! How many times must I warn you about your language?"

"Well . . . . the world needs ditch-diggers, too."

"SPAULDING! How many times must I warn you about your language?"

"Get dressed Spaulding you are playing golf."

"No I'm not, I'm playing tennis"

"You're playing golf"

"But what about my asthma?"

"I'll give you asthma"

Funny timing. Drive for ALPA....followed by NEW info that brings back furloughed pilots......imagine that.
Same scenario at Jet Blue. Must be a coincidence.

Latest resources

Back