• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran cuts 175

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This management team is going to spend a small fortune on training costs due to a lot of people swapping A/C. Nice going Bob.

SURE GLAD THE WPA SIGNED THE LOA 9!! SURE WAS A SAVIOR TO THE PILOT GROUP.

Actually 173 were furloughed and the original notice was 177, so 5 were saved.

So all the zero time lines, LLOA, LOA saved 5 people!!! What a Joke

FYI: WPA (worthless pilots association)

I hope this is not true, but heard it thru the vine that 50 LOA's were submitted, only 12 approved.

I am already going to have my letter prepared to turn in when, not if, I get extended at the end of a trip. All it needs to say is, due to family obligations I can not except this extension. It just goes in your file and collects dust. As a matter of fact it would probably be a good idea to have a form letter in ops. so we could just grab it and fill in the blanks and turn it in. Sorry but this management team has lost my respect and I'm not sure how or what they could do to get it back. Next thing they'll do is sue us to pick up opentime. I gotta go now before i break my laptop. I'm still not for the MEMRAT though. Sorry.:)

What I can't believe is that we had 17 LOA's approved (2 were guys whom were already in the 177). So my crazy math is 177-15 = 162. So in essence they actually cut 192 pilots. Unfreakin' believable!

Tell us all genius what any labor group would do? Call CAL and ask those 500 people that got a letter=what did ALPA do=NOTHING

Call ASA where displacements are taking place=ALPA stoping that=NO

Call UAL=ALPA=NO

SOON DAL/NWA=ALPA=NOTHING

Tell us what you would do if you were the president of the union?

All the best guys, believe it or not, we (Midwest guys) wish you nothing but the best because we are all pilots and in this mess together.

Latest resources

Back