Airtran Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by fletch717
Willard, I'm a 5th year capt I'm on track to make more than 145,000 Gross. I've been on the property 4 1/2 years. Best contract I've ever had.

At your current pay rate of 120/hr that would be approx. 101 hours a month of flying:

- Do you have time and a half above your guarantee of 70 hours?

- Or do you really fly 31 extra hard hours per month?

Either way, what you really mean to say is:

"My annual Salary is $ 100,800.00 (and I work like a dog to make more.)"

DOH!

P.S.- Is there no Pay Cap at Airtran?

Last edited:
Whine lover:

You obviously are a poser. Anyone with the type ratings you list would understand the difference between "Block" and "Credit" and undertsnd the concept of "trip-rig" and "duty-rig".

If you really do fly the equipment you listed, and you don;t understand the above, you have a lot of "stones" to come on here and bad-mouth a contract when you don't even understand the most basic industry terms.

Let's see . . . I have a trip this month that I am gone for 22 hours (that's less than 1 day, genius, I'll do the math for you, so you can leave your shoes on). During that 22 hours, I fly 6 hours, and get paid for 10 hours.

Hmmmm . . . . yeah, we're working like dogs over here.

WAFI !

Last edited:
Actually Whine Lover......you wouldn't have to fly 101 hrs every month. Just get the credit for it. Yep, that's why airlines have work rules. 85-90 hrs a month credit is pretty average. Pick up a 2 day trip and your easily at 100 hrs of pay every month. And that's not considering time and a half pay. So, no its not hard to make that kind of money at Airtran after 4 or 5 years, and you don't have to work like a dog to get there.

fletch717 said:
Willard, I'm a 5th year capt I'm on track to make more than 145,000 Gross. I've been on the property 4 1/2 years. Best contract I've ever had.

Too bad you don't have the days off to spend it. Best contract? Not a company man are you?

Capt.LongThrust said:
Too bad you don't have the days off to spend it. Best contract? Not a company man are you?

. . . our rigs are actually pretty good.

Why don't you read our contract, and offer us a comparison to the contract you are working under . . . . don;t forget to tell us the average time to upgrade, number of references to "bankruptcy" your company makes in an average week, and the level of threat to your pension, involved, too, for a fair comparison. Also, the number of furloughees, date of hire of the last, and recall schedule.

Thanks!

Last edited:
billjohnson321 said:
how much is health ins. at air tran?

Depends on where you live and what plan you choose . . . . You can ask them at your interview . . . . you do have an interview, right?

Ty Webb said:
. . . our rigs are actually pretty good.

Why don't you read our contract, and offer us a comparison to the contract you are working under . . . . don;t forget to tell us the average time to upgrade, number of references to "bankruptcy" your company makes in an average week, and the level of threat to your pension, involved, too, for a fair comparison. Also, the number of furloughees, date of hire of the last, and recall schedule.

Thanks!

Ahh yes another untouchable airline pilot. I am sure Airtran will NEVER be affected by any of the turmoil in the industry today. Keep dreaming and saving bro, you will thank me later.

Capt.LongThrust said:
Ahh yes another untouchable airline pilot. I am sure Airtran will NEVER be affected by any of the turmoil in the industry today. Keep dreaming and saving bro, you will thank me later.

Thanks, but if I wanted advice from a troll, you wouldn't even be the first one I would go to.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back