Airtran Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

willard

What is the status with the contract negotiations? What is believed to be the sought after hourly pay increase as a %. The current low pay contract is of concern to me in awaiting employment. Thanks to those in the know.

Pay increase?!? Yeah, right.

However, if the current "low pay contract" is of concern to you, then perhaps you should seek employment somewhere besides Air Tran. And while you're at it, check the pay rates at other comparable operators and see how the pay stacks up. If you find one more to your liking, apply there.

Willard, I'm a 5th year capt I'm on track to make more than 145,000 Gross. I've been on the property 4 1/2 years. Best contract I've ever had.

fletch717 said:
Willard, I'm a 5th year capt I'm on track to make more than 145,000 Gross. I've been on the property 4 1/2 years. Best contract I've ever had.

Is that pretty standard or did you have to work lots of overtime?

Ditto.

I may not work at hard as Fletch, but even a lazy guy who has 3.5 years on the property can make $10K a month.

Sure, it's Capt pay, not FO pay, but I'd rather be making that money flying with my favorite Capt every week, instead of yanking the gear for an insufferable SOB like Fletch or FL717 . . . . . heh-heh.

We are definitely looking to increase the pay at the lower end (ie. junior FO and CA pay) and for a yearly COL raise. Also, continued improvements in work rules and reduced health insurance premiums.

I agree with the others, though, if you think that we need to come up to your standards, you probably don't belong here.

yes Ty, I may be an insufferable S.O.B. But at least my slacks are not so tight you can tell what religion I am.

fletch717 said:
yes Ty, I may be an insufferable S.O.B. But at least my slacks are not so tight you can tell what religion I am.

That's easily fixed with a call to Dr. Rosenrosen.

I love to hear the " Yeah, I think I may go work for AirTran" remarks. You know, grace us with your presence. Only problem is the competition dictates who gets the job, and the competition is fierce. So by all means please stoop down to our level, just don't be surprised when your services may not be needed.

Latest resources

Back