• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No Concessions!

I just want current contract with:
- Higher pay - especially 3 -7 year FOs
- Better protection against the company using regional/contract carriers instead of NPA pilots
- Better medical (and I don't even use AAI medical)
- Better Hotels

Why do we have what appears to be major rewrites to sections that should have been left alone?

Why are we being asked to give concessions when the company (and all airlines) are in an up cycle?

I'm solidly in the NO category! When do I get to vote?!!

They keep putting off the opening of the polls. It was originally supposed to have been done by the 28th, but they are now saying "some time in July", which isn't exactly a firm commitment.

I'm hearing a lot of grumblings from the roadshows that, as time goes by, there are several BOD members who are having second thoughts over this T.A. now that the details are coming to light and the membership is obviously upset and taking it out on the reps.

As soon as I get the Sec 14 stuff from BD I'll be forwarding copies of the long document with section references you've seen here to the BOD members so they can finally see what they voted for. I've met and been around a couple of those guys for recurrent & other events and, with the exception of AP and the NC, I honestly and truly don't believe these guys had the opportunity to read and decide for themselves on the full document before they voted.

I think they got sold a bill of goods that's not turning out to be what they were originally convinced of, which is what happens when you rush a vote on something as important as this, and they now wish they hadn't. I think most of them will have learned their lesson on this; those that haven't have committed political suicide and won't, in all likelihood, remain in office much longer.

Will be interesting to see what happens... There's no provision in place in the RLA that I'm aware of for the BOD to pull it from the table for ratification unless the company agrees to and, even then, I'm not sure it's technically "legal".

A large "NO" vote would hurt the company's position by giving the pilots more ammunition to take back into negotiations and this whole thing has really gotten the pilot group active in a way nothing else has...

Went to the road show today, and CK had the new TA pairings available. Sits still are around but they seems to be shorter. A lot more variations on 2, 3 and 4 day trips. The days with flying under our current 4 hour min duty was VERY small. But the increase in flying per day was VERY serious. 3 days worth around 20 hours and 4 days with 25 to 28 hours wow, some not al. They looked good to me, better than what we have now. The average duty period didnt look that much longer than now. Oh and with a 1:2 the CDO's seemed to pay better that just the 4 hour duty period. Go check it out and decide for yourselves. The documentation was for a full month and not just a straw pole.

Last edited:
but those parings dont take into account the at's outstation RR needs. They could just as easy build 4 day trips with day 2 and 3 with sits of 5 or 6 hr's there is nothing stoping them as long as they come close to a 4.5 avg. We would all like to think that they would max out our flying for a trip but the never do so why would we think a 13hr day would change the way they build trips. I think a 13 hr day could get more flying but it's all up to the at as to what prioritys they put into place.

Lear--You're doing an incredible service for your fellow pilots! Maybe if ALPA had people like you, it wouldn't be such a basket case!

BTW, I missed the proposed pay rates. Are they posted somewhere here? Thanks. TC

They are slightly higher than JB's 190 rates. I am not sure that is a standard you want to strive for.

not only that but they did not factor in jetbue's blended rates (ie after a certain hour, 70, jetblue is paid at 150%. most jetblue lines are over 70 hours and their reserve credit includes 5 premium hours.

Latest resources

Back