• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran contract summary by section

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are slightly higher than JB's 190 rates. I am not sure that is a standard you want to strive for.
No, they're about 10-15% LOWER than jetBlue's BLENDED rates at DOS, although they get higher about 3 years down the road.

You have to compare the blended rates, because that is what their pilots actually make. Otherwise you're using their sub-70 hour rates and comparing it to pilots here who, regularly, block 85+ hours per month of credit.

You're right though, I don't think that's a good place to start, as I didn't come here to fly an RJ, and if I'm forced to, I want 717 rates since that's the assumption I hired on here for.

Lear,

Thanks for crunching all the numbers. I was reading some points you made about scope and the Frontier contract allowing Q-400's on Lynx.

Frontier currently operates 57 aircraft with (I may be off a little) 3 A318's and 10 A320's to be delivered. 60 a/c total.

They have ordered 10 Q-400's with 10 options. They have contracted with REPUBLIC to operate 17 E-170's. Around 37 a/c. Over half of their mainline fleet. I can't find a pay rate on the airline pilot pay site for LYNX, but Republic is pathetic.

Horizon 4th yr CA is $71 and FO $41 (Q-400 74 seats)
Republic4th yr CA is $67 and FO$36 ( top fo pay E-170? 70 plus seats?)
Frontier 4th yr CA is $124 and FO $77
AirTran 4th yr CA is $112 and FO $66

I didn't realize 70 seat jet pay was still this low. Now I know why the company is pushing for relaxed scope and 100 seat jet rates. With a pool a pilots willing to fly 70 to 86 seats for this kind of pay at regionals, how are we going to keep them off the property? Management seems to always find a way. The old contract will prevent 71 to 86 seat jets, but they could still operate the Q-400's on either contract. Oh.. we don't want to do that...trust us ....they say.

Last edited:
As someone who needed loss of license, this is very important. You never know when or who will go down.

Believe me everyone in upper mgnt. has a plan to cover them long term!

...With a pool a pilots willing to fly 70 to 86 seats for this kind of pay at regionals, how are we going to keep them off the property?....

this is why a no relax of the scope is important. just say no.

Latest resources

Back