• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Cancelling Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to my sources - pool is about 30-35. No interviewing until needed. Most likely this fall. Most likely only interviewing people with a letter of reccomendation from a current AirTran pilot.

Don't lose hope yet

Listen guys,
In my short time here at AirTran, I've seen that things change every day. There are so many variables right now. The DC-9 retirements, the 717 deliveries, the new airplane(supposedsy to announce this summer), etc. We've got plenty of business, which is why you see Miami Air parking at our gates.

If you're in the pool, you will get a class date. The important thing to know is when HR decides on a date, things can happen quick. I wasn't even called to interview until 6 days before my class started. There were four in my class who interviewed three days before class started.

Do what you can to be readily available, and have patience.

Good Luck and look forward to seeing you here.

That is true, AirTran's manegment is known to change plans often. They are pretty good at ajasting to changing inviroment, and that benifits them as a company and us as employees.
My newhire class of 20 was canceled last spring, end everyone rescheduled for later dates. Then one day I called Greta out of the blue and she asked me if I wanna start class in 2 days. It was an emergency class with only 8 guys in it. ( they just needed people right then) So I would keep checking every once in a while.

According to Jill N., pilot hiring will resume in Sept.

More info is in a string on AirTran that started today.

Latest resources

Back