Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran, are you now ready to consider ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kharma Police

Don't mess with Texas
I feel that the company is obviously going to try to get the NMB to release us. Do you think the NPA has the ability and more importantly the resources to handle a possible strike? If we do go on strike what kind of strike benefits will the NPA provide?

I know many of you have understandably strong feelings against ALPA, but I want you to consider (like I have) how things were at your former ALPA carrier to the current state of the NPA. We can't get a grievance settled in under two years. We have leaders calling the cops to settle a little office cat fight. While the NPA is worried about fostering “good will”, the company laughs at us while they use our contract for toilet paper. I feel, if your back is put against the wall (a'la Rich M) you are on your own.

It's time to get a team of professionals (that don’t fly airplanes) that know and understand what we are up against, some national oversight to keep on eye on what our dues money is being used for and a return of our hostage and furloughed pilots.

Yeah we'll see how that will work out for you in ten years.

Right now I would rather have no union at all than have the NPA. It is a pitiful waste of my money. The NPA tries to play "this little piggy went to market" while the rest of us want to stand up for ourselves and our career.

We need a backbone and until that happens we will continue to get beatings.

Yeah it was 20-26 months at my previous carrier for a grievance and that was ALPA..??

Say you vote ALPA in--who will run for local office? The same group of people !! Lets look at John Prater, he has really stuck it to the airlines, even CAL???? Ask the CAL guys???

The NPA has run its course. It's time to take this to the next level.

The guys that are the most against ALPA (well, the second "most against ALPA" ) are the guys that got hosed during a merger (TWA).

Well, the way we're going, we're not going to make it to the merger, so pick your poison.

Ty

It's time.

Ask yourself who the company would vote for, if they had a vote? I've been ALPA and it would be an improvement. That said, this pilot group still must grow a sac!

(AT club 169)

It is time for a change. Alpa, teamsters, anyone..... I will vote for anyone at this point. I hope that ALPA would would be the best choice since it would piss off the scabs.

If the company does ask to be released and the NMB says yes - then what can the company do as far as our current contract? Do they get to impose whatever they want?

Latest resources

Back