• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran and Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty.. Exactly, I don't expect much at all. I know for a fact, that our union tried to play it off like they may have had something to do with it, when I truly believe that CASS is coming on line do to the fact that guys starting missing their commutes and the company starting realizing that it would cost more money not to be on CASS.. BTW.. KG didn't take responsibility at all, he simply said it would be here sooner than later.... He more or less said it was actually being used as a bargaining tool but it was probably going to be implemented anyways..

GT, Your fact is wrong, the union specifically said it was due to pilots letting their thoughts be known to mgmt. and mgmt looking at the cost of sick calls due to KG's sick policy. I personally was concerned with what it would cost us, and was assured by union reps that this was outside of negotiations. Stick around awhile, you'll pick it up. Remember, you're not special and you're lucky to be here, you have no where else to go because your job is not portable. SK and KG, if you believe what they say.

PS We'll have another base besides ATL, sooner or later. You heard it here first!

KG said to our class that the reason the virtual base works so well for the FA's and wouldnt for the pilots is because an FA can fly both the B737 and B717. He stated that if they made virtual bases for the pilots that the company would incur a "great increase in training costs" as pilots switch airplanes and domiciles to gain better bidding seniority.

Boris Yelling said:
Ty,

The only thing you can "edumacate" is your pet Igauna. I am sure some of the pilots who have to fly with you wish you would "edumacate" your flying skills. How are the training sessions in the basement coming?

At least he has a basement you trailer park trash!
How goes the f/a training!?

Actually, I don't have a basement, since I live on the Coast . . . . and I don't have any reptiles . . . but Borus/Chuckie/TexasCrotchrot/Lizard/whatever seems to have me confused with someone else. Not too surprising, since he's been wrong about everything else so far on this board, too!

RIDETHELIGHTING said:
I guess if Alaska Airline Pilots heard of you, you must be at the in airline according to this post. Hey Boeing heard of us.

Easy there. Just stating a fact. Not too many Alaska or Horizon guys know or care much about the east, or AirTran Airways from Atlanta GA. That's why they choose to live out west. Goes both ways. Most people from the East have never heard of Alaska Airlines or can point to Sitka on a map. I hear AirTran is a great airline to travel with. They just don't have much brand recognition past Toledo. Just the way it works at the moment. I was just stating how ironic it would be. Irony, funny, not like funny ha ha.

I can assure you, from data gathered in my extensive travels almost NO ONE outside Washington and Oregon has heard of Horizon. Doesn't really matter. They should know about Horizon, we give away beer, each and every flight.

SWA is about the only one that comes to mind that may be decent... But remember, without the hedges, they are loosing money just like everyone else...... And those hedges will eventually run out..

wrong... we would make money regardless.

gt1900 said:
9capt... Not to bash you, but your full of it.. \..

Wait my friend, just wait.

We gave immediate concessions following 9/11. Pay cut plus loss of b-fund contribution and management gave themselves a huge bonus 3 months later. When the NPA threatened to go to the media with the news, management cancelled the concessions and put a positive spin on it in their own press release.

You haven't been around long enough to see the gradual dismantling of our contract. Maybe you've noticed the new pay protection procedure where you lose any overfly when re-assigned? That's just the latest of many.

Every time I come to work I feel like management has their hand in my pocket. At least give me a reach-around!!

Most new guys would be happy just to get back all the sh!t that has been stolen from us in the last 5 years. Not me. That to me is a contract extension. I can safely cast my NO vote today.

I don't trust them, they've lied to me too many times before.

No amens for anyone like yourself who registers as numerous usernames (in your case Boris Yelling, Texas Jet Jock, Lame Lizard, Lawman, Chuck Yogurt, and all the others....) just to annoy and flame.

The only AMEN you'll get out of me is when your kind are permanently banned. Period.

-9Capt said:
You haven't been around long enough to see the gradual dismantling of our contract. Maybe you've noticed the new pay protection procedure where you lose any overfly when re-assigned? That's just the latest of many.

Yeah, I just got stung with that today to the tune of 3+ hours of lost pay! Thanks for all your hard work, huh?!?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back