AirTran and Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southbound said:
This rumor is retarded but I'll say this. It would be funny (not really) if AK bought an airline that 40% of the Alaska pilots or Alaska/Horizon employees have never even heard of.

Even the SEA controllers have never heard of them.

So we are on final following a "citrus" 737 in SEA.
The FO says, who the hell is Citrus?
I say Air Tran, fly 717/737 from ATL.
FO says, yeah think I saw them in my Corp days in Toledo or Dayton. Used to be ValueJet?
I say Yes
SEA tower askes them, "so citrus? you guys like a charter from ATL or what?"
I guess if Alaska Airline Pilots heard of you, you must be at the in airline according to this post. Hey Boeing heard of us.

Last edited:
AirTran has not talked with Alaska

Straight frow the mouth of KG. "We have not talked with Alaska about any sort of merger or dealings."

Source: Recurrent gnd "in the last month"

Sorry guys.

Not to be a smart azz, but surely, you are so naive to believe anything and everything "straight from the mouth of KG" at recrurrent, initial, lunch at Picadilly's or anywhere else he may have said something would automatically make it true and therefore validate or refute the rumor.

Most people east of the Mississippi do not know who Alaska Airlines is. Nothing wrong with that since they do not have much of a route structure in the east. Same goes for AirTran, large route structure in the east not much in the west, so it takes time for your name to get around.
How much time exactly does it take? Alaska has been around for 75 years. Just a question.

Alaska's been around a lot longer than that, but that's not important right now. ;)

Alaska AIR has been around 75 years, but I run into people all the time in the Eastern U.S. who have never heard of airTran. No big deal, they're not in aviation, I just explain it to them.

Incidentally, I don't want us to merge with ANYONE. If we bought some troubled company about to go out of business and stapled them to the bottom of the list, that's another story. :D

I heard that Southwest was trying to work a deal where we would trade ATA's 737-800s to AK for some of their 737-700's. Apperently, we had access to the -800s to make this happen. AK didn't want to help us out and backed out of the deal. I say LAX - SEA anybody?

B-J-J Fighter said:
Ty, if MIDEX and AT merged you might get to fly w/ Chuckles as your FO.

That's the thought that keeps him awake at night . . . . . .

. . . . . except we've already figured out that Chuckie/Einstein/Snake/TexasCrotchRot/LameLizard/Lawman/Boris is just a Skyways puke, so if that happens, he'll be hoofin' it over to Mesa.

Heh-heh

asaflyer said:
Straight frow the mouth of KG.....

You must be new around here. Management at this airline can not be trusted, period. I don't have enough time to give examples, suffice to say there are many.

If Klaus's lips are moving, he's lying.

Ty Webb said:
That's the thought that keeps him awake at night . . . . . .

. . . . . except we've already figured out that Chuckie/Einstein/Snake/TexasCrotchRot/LameLizard/Lawman/Boris is just a Skyways puke, so if that happens, he'll be hoofin' it over to Mesa.

Heh-heh

Yeah, he's probably scared of your flying skills/CRM. I'd stay awake too. Actually, I'd dump those trips. Sucks to be on reserve then.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back