Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways MEC authorizes Strike Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know the really sad part, if Southwest bought AirTran, and I got stapled to the list as an FO, I would get a pay raise. And I'm a nine year captain.

You know the really sad part, if Southwest bought AirTran, and I got stapled to the list as an FO, I would get a pay raise. And I'm a nine year captain.
Don't worry, you won't get stapled.

1. It's illegal to do that now.

2. The ATN pilot group would never stand for it. SWA/ATN would be a merger of two successful and financially sound carriers. That is a far cry from what happened to ATA who was on their last breath and about to be liquidated.

You guys need reading lessons.

The AIRTRAN pilot group is sick and tired of being jerked around and rightly so. I just hope you outnumber the VALUJET pilot group and those who think like that.

Gup
Gup,

The number of ValuJet guys still here is so small that they don't even show up as a blip on the radar.

This airline is AirTran Airways. Total number of pilots is approx. 1700. No longer are there any ties whatsoever to those dead and buried carcasses formerly called ValuJet and Eastern.

I just hope you outnumber the VALUJET pilot group and those who think like that.

Gup
Gup, here are some numbers for you.

Airtran Airways has 1624 pilots on the seniority list (Jan 1, 2010 list). Of those pilots, only 133 pilots were hired prior to July 10, 1997, the day of the Airtran-ValuJet merger announcement. Also, out of the 1624 pilots, 1125 were hired since 9/11.

Now the million dollar question is how the senior guys have impacted the mindset of the newhires over the last 10-12 years. The strike vote and other pilot actions of the next few months will determine the answer to that question.

Don't worry, you won't get stapled.

1. It's illegal to do that now.

It's not "illegal" to staple. It's only prohibited if the ones being stapled don't want it. It has to be fair and equitable. It depends on what you think fair and equitable means. I doubt any Capt at AAI would want to pull gear at Southwest, even at a payraise and substantial QOL improvement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back