Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways MEC authorizes Strike Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's called posturing. You'd better HOPE you get a strong yes vote or you're sunk.

Gup

Excellent point, but don't worry, our management never fails to throw gasoline on the fire prior to a big Union vote. Days before the vote, I expect the company to fire or suspend a few pilots or make some gross reinterpretations of our contract.

What is the penalty for the ones who cross the line if they never intend to fly anymore due to age? Meaning, they do not fear a future blackball of getting hired at another airline.

Going to be real difficult to move 138 airframes with 100 or so pilots. They might be able to move 20 or so for a couple weeks until everyone times out for the month. Management is going to have to put a serious offer on the table or figure out where they can park 100+ B717s and B737s. Delta usually has South Cargo in ATL full. Maybe the city will let Airtran line aircraft up on taxiway Lima like Delta typically does for reduced holiday schedules (I know I fly every holiday).

What is the penalty for the ones who cross the line if they never intend to fly anymore due to age? Meaning, they do not fear a future blackball of getting hired at another airline.

They end up at companies like Value Jet. As an alternative they would make great candidates for Airtrash management.

I bet half the guys will cross.

Last edited:
They end up at companies like Value Jet. As an alternative they would make great candidates for Airtrash management.

I bet half the guys will cross.
Haven't we covered this before, there is only 1 e in the word ValuJet. And yes guys that choose to work during the strike end up at companies like ValuJet, Express One, or other non union (or in house union) carriers.

Last edited:
Will there be any more negotiations until the strike vote, or are talks canceled?
The goal of the whole process is still to get a fair contract that eliminates the huge gap between Airtran pilots and the rest of the industry. Negotiation sessions will still take place though as of right now, I believe there is only 1 session planned for April (I know we are seeking more). As soon as managements wants a deal, we will have one. Strike vote is simply a measure of overall pilot fustration with the speed of the negotiating process.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back