Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways announces Wi-Fi service on every flight!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well.... Your the one who bashed AAI on a quote that was 100% true. Get over it. By the summer time AAI will have WiFi on every flight in the U.S.A. Delta will not. Don't know what to tell you beyone that!

No RJ's....ya got us there hands down...We gave up..you won ATL, you guys need to focus on SWA and Jetblue.

Competition yes, but seriously, is it in Airtran's inferior corporate culture to try to one-up everything Delta does? Its almost an inferiority complex there....kinda like a 5'3" guy talking smack in a bar while the 300 lb knuckledragger doesn't have to say a word.

Sometimes it's funny, we put up a sports team billboard, you guys get a player billboard right next to it, we have Red Coats, you get Maroon coats, we do wi-fi, you guys brag about being first. Why can't your mgmt come up with something unique away from anything Delta related??

I will say this....the free coffee idea rocks and as you can see in my Avatar....I love my coffee!!!

Wait until you see the "AirTranlina", wagging her finger and talking ebonics LOL! I think it's interesting the the "The Worlds Largest Airline", has to "counter-advertise" everything that little bitty ValuTran does. At least we have the GA Aquarium, (I guess the BK judge wasn't going to let you have the sponsorship). And what's up with the "Home Town Airline" dropping the Falcons? I guess it's the Northwest management team running your airline in a different direction? They are probably all into hockey(yawn...), so I would expect more sponsorship money for The Thrashers.

Last edited:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bk-airtran-wireless-wifi-on-plane-051209,0,4279580.story

AirTran Airways announces Wi-Fi service on every flight

AirTran Airways said this morning that it plans to be the first major airline to offer wireless, broadband Internet service to passengers on every flight.
QUOTE]

I just love that the day after Delta announces that half of the domestic fleet is equipped for wi-fi (about 350 planes) SuperTad needs to brag about being the FIRST MAJOR AIRLINE blah-blah-noise.

Let's see, that means Delta has MORE planes in the air today with WIfi even after you equip the fleet. Look out Cape Air and its 48 planes could beat ya to it......

It's almost laughable....
A DL guy moaning about a company copying something they did first...that's rich.

Wait until you see the "AirTranlina", wagging her finger and talking ebonics LOL! I think it's interesting the the "The Worlds Largest Airline", has to "counter-advertise" everything that little bitty ValuTran does. At least we have the GA Aquarium, (I guess the BK judge wasn't going to let you have the sponsorship). And what's up with the "Home Town Airline" dropping the Falcons? I guess it's the Northwest management team running your airline in a different direction? They are probably all into hockey(yawn...), so I would expect more sponsorship money for The Thrashers.

What??!!?

Somebody wanna translate? I missed all of it...

Bill.... AAI came up with something unique... Its called making money! I know I know. Its a crazy idea. But since oil prices have dropped, AAI is only 1 of 2 major carriers that made money in the first quarter. Without the rediculous high oil prices in 2008 AAI would have made money every year in the last 8 years. Can DAL say that? Maybe DAL should start copying AAI.

Maybe Delta should run ads advertising how we didn't change our name to run from a checkered past......Would that work?? Too Soon???

A DL guy moaning about a company copying something they did first...that's rich.

Point being....we didn't run to every media outlet gripping a press release trying to brag about being first in yesterday's race.

Maybe Delta should paint our catering trucks and busses with all of the edgy and cool slogans that sells tickets.....

Maybe Delta should run ads advertising how we didn't change our name to run from a checkered past......Would that work?? Too Soon???

HA! HA!, speaking of "name changes", what happened to those great money makers Song and Delta Express?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back