Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways announces Wi-Fi service on every flight!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyAirtran

AirTran Airways to be first major airline to offer Wi-Fi service on every flight!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bk-airtran-wireless-wifi-on-plane-051209,0,4279580.story

AirTran Airways announces Wi-Fi service on every flight

AirTran Airways has plans to offer wireless, broadband Internet service to passengers on every flight by mid-summer.
Sara K. Clarke | Sentinel Staff Writer
7: 00 AM EDT, May 12, 2009
Ready to fly and surf at the same time?
AirTran Airways said this morning that it plans to be the first major airline to offer wireless, broadband Internet service to passengers on every flight.
AirTran is hoping the service will enhance productivity for business travelers -- who can access their companies' virtual private networks from 30,000 feet -- and will entice leisure travelers who can check e-mail, shop online and surf the Web.
"We'll have the entire fleet done by mid-summer," said Kevin Healy, senior vice president of marketing and planning for the Orlando-based airline.

Last edited:
CHRRR....."Folks g'morning from the flight deck.....just to give you a little update....we will be returning to the airport in just a few minutes....the pairing that I am on is a real piece of dung and I was finally able to drop it about three minutes ago...the new 'sap' will be waiting at the gate to take over for me"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bk-airtran-wireless-wifi-on-plane-051209,0,4279580.story

AirTran Airways announces Wi-Fi service on every flight

AirTran Airways said this morning that it plans to be the first major airline to offer wireless, broadband Internet service to passengers on every flight.
QUOTE]

I just love that the day after Delta announces that half of the domestic fleet is equipped for wi-fi (about 350 planes) SuperTad needs to brag about being the FIRST MAJOR AIRLINE blah-blah-noise.

Let's see, that means Delta has MORE planes in the air today with WIfi even after you equip the fleet. Look out Cape Air and its 48 planes could beat ya to it......

It's almost laughable....

Well AAI and DAL do compete head to head out of one of the largest markets in the US. So it is a competition. No RJ's and WIFI on every flight. I would brag about that also. Our pilot contract not so much.

OK... So, Delta offers wifi on half the flights, yet AAI will offer it on EVERY flight. Whats not to understand dumb@#%? By the summer time, you may or may not get on a Delta flight with WiFi. When you get on an AAI flight you WILL have wifi. Whats so hard to understand?

Well AAI and DAL do compete head to head out of one of the largest markets in the US. So it is a competition. No RJ's and WIFI on every flight. I would brag about that also. Our pilot contract not so much.

No RJ's....ya got us there hands down...We gave up..you won ATL, you guys need to focus on SWA and Jetblue.

Competition yes, but seriously, is it in Airtran's inferior corporate culture to try to one-up everything Delta does? Its almost an inferiority complex there....kinda like a 5'3" guy talking smack in a bar while the 300 lb knuckledragger doesn't have to say a word.

Sometimes it's funny, we put up a sports team billboard, you guys get a player billboard right next to it, we have Red Coats, you get Maroon coats, we do wi-fi, you guys brag about being first. Why can't your mgmt come up with something unique away from anything Delta related??

I will say this....the free coffee idea rocks and as you can see in my Avatar....I love my coffee!!!

Last edited:
OK... So, Delta offers wifi on half the flights, yet AAI will offer it on EVERY flight. Whats not to understand dumb@#%? By the summer time, you may or may not get on a Delta flight with WiFi. When you get on an AAI flight you WILL have wifi. Whats so hard to understand?

It's OK Jackhole....I understand clearly. Real tough to equip 120 planes. I'm impressed.

Mega-Marvels will do a documentary on this amazing feat of brilliant engineering.

Bill.... AAI came up with something unique... Its called making money! I know I know. Its a crazy idea. But since oil prices have dropped, AAI is only 1 of 2 major carriers that made money in the first quarter. Without the rediculous high oil prices in 2008 AAI would have made money every year in the last 8 years. Can DAL say that? Maybe DAL should start copying AAI.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back