Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways announces Wi-Fi service on every flight!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, but thanks for asking. Still not back and still no budging from the company on forcing all termination grievances to stay at the back of the line, in violation of past practice. A Status Quo violation, but deemed a "minor dispute" so it gets in line.

Over 100 grievances before ours to arbitrate, and only 15-20 get arbitrated a year, do the math... Thankfully, the union has me on Flight Pay Loss so at least I'm not in danger of losing my house (I would be without it), and I'm still working on other legal avenues, just a slow process...

No, but thanks for asking. Still not back and still no budging from the company on forcing all termination grievances to stay at the back of the line, in violation of past practice. A Status Quo violation, but deemed a "minor dispute" so it gets in line.

Over 100 grievances before ours to arbitrate, and only 15-20 get arbitrated a year, do the math... Thankfully, the union has me on Flight Pay Loss so at least I'm not in danger of losing my house (I would be without it), and I'm still working on other legal avenues, just a slow process...

Good luck and I hope it solves itself when ALPA lawyers show up.

In all likelihood, the only thing that will "solve" it is a T.A. that requires reinstatement of contract hostages before ratification, along with resolution of all other outstanding grievances, which is normal at most unions when a new T.A. is signed.

Things have gone from bad to worse since ALPA came on board... not because ALPA isn't doing anything, quite the opposite in fact, it's management reacting to the ALPA vote and picketing, lanyards, etc.

As ALPA ramps up pilot involvement, the company violates the contract more and more deliberately every day in reaction. This, of course, does nothing but make the pilots ANGRIER, and not at ALPA. I've never seen the AAI pilots this pi$$ed off... guys who normally just come to work and go home are coming out of the wood work on the private board.

Glad to see it. More p.o.'d pilots means more contract adherence and better MEC support which leads to contract faster. Pilots getting involved in their careers, what a novel thought. ;)

Thankfully, the union has me on Flight Pay Loss so at least I'm not in danger of losing my house (I would be without it), and I'm still working on other legal avenues, just a slow process...

Glad it's helping you brother...long overdue as far as I'm concerned. We need another thousand guys just like you around here. Hope to see you back soon.

Picking up open time is in the CBA. However, waiving duty day limits and other protections that are in the CBA whilst picking up that open time? Absolutely not.

Nothing gets waived. No waivers, no favors, no side-deals, just fly the contract and go home. You want to pick up some open time to take care of your kids medical bills or something, that's your business, as long as you don't waive the contract in the process.

It's OK Jackhole....I understand clearly. Real tough to equip 120 planes. I'm impressed
It's all about scale you doughnut. If Airtran can equip all their planes, shouldn't mother Delta be able to? Oh yeah, who made money last quarter?
Maybe that's the reason?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bk-airtran-wireless-wifi-on-plane-051209,0,4279580.story

AirTran Airways announces Wi-Fi service on every flight

AirTran Airways has plans to offer wireless, broadband Internet service to passengers on every flight by mid-summer.
Sara K. Clarke | Sentinel Staff Writer
7: 00 AM EDT, May 12, 2009
Ready to fly and surf at the same time?
AirTran Airways said this morning that it plans to be the first major airline to offer wireless, broadband Internet service to passengers on every flight.
AirTran is hoping the service will enhance productivity for business travelers -- who can access their companies' virtual private networks from 30,000 feet -- and will entice leisure travelers who can check e-mail, shop online and surf the Web.
"We'll have the entire fleet done by mid-summer," said Kevin Healy, senior vice president of marketing and planning for the Orlando-based airline.

Yes they are going to pay for it by laying off another 300 in the fall.

Latest resources

Back