Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways announces Wi-Fi service on every flight!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand why you boys play this pissing match.

Pilots don't put out press releases. Last I checked we're not allowed to talk to the media. Pilots don't control operational directions that a company might take. Last I checked, none of us are currently dual qualified as CEOs. Pilots don't decide when and if a company goes into bankruptcy. That's a job that CEOs and Wall Street are well equiped to handle. Hell, pilots don't even control wether a company furloughs or doesn't. So what's the big deal?

Pilots can however, at times control what kind of contract they obtain. Pilots can put up a good fight to obtain what's rightfully and fairly theirs. That in my mind, is the discussion that should be taking place. Not stuff that in most cases we have ZERO control over. That being said, when will I read the headlines that state, " Airtran signs industry leading contract with its pilots?" Now that's a discussion worth having!!!!! I hope it happens soon.

I don't understand why you boys play this pissing match.

Pilots don't put out press releases. Last I checked we're not allowed to talk to the media. Pilots don't control operational directions that a company might take. Last I checked, none of us are currently dual qualified as CEOs. Pilots don't decide when and if a company goes into bankruptcy. That's a job that CEOs and Wall Street are well equiped to handle. Hell, pilots don't even control wether a company furloughs or doesn't. So what's the big deal?

Pilots can however, at times control what kind of contract they obtain. Pilots can put up a good fight to obtain what's rightfully and fairly theirs. That in my mind, is the discussion that should be taking place. Not stuff that in most cases we have ZERO control over. That being said, when will I read the headlines that state, " Airtran signs industry leading contract with its pilots?" Now that's a discussion worth having!!!!! I hope it happens soon.

Great point....No truer words are spoken here....

Besides it's FI and it's so much fun to get Kharma's panties all knotted up......

No beef with you all and no I never play jumpseat games....in fact, you guys are great to me when needed. Everybody takes all the shots at us and sometimes I like to share the love.....

Wow. You're in worse shape than I thought. These guys help you ride around on their system, and then you come on here and trash 'em.

I can't even think of a word for it. It's beyond description.

Great point....No truer words are spoken here....

Besides it's FI and it's so much fun to get Kharma's panties all knotted up......

I'm glad, hopefully I can prevent you from going postal or pulling an Egypt Air.

Wow, Kharma!! I tapped a nerve huh??

Let's see...you have people on the street, not us....you guys almost we're down to no cash last summer, not us.....you guys never had the spine to get a pension in your contract so that's moot.

Must be tough explaining to friends and family why you didn't get hired at Delta....

Don't turn your stupid press releases around on me.....it's good to be copied, it can be the best form of flattery.

I really like the story about the party your clowns in ATL threw when we rolled into bankruptcy at the Marriott Marquis. Classy!!

UMMM... We have guys on the street? I didn't know that. How many guys on the street genius? I guess your not as smart as you think you are. Rumor is a class by summer because we are short at certain seats. Wonder whats gonna happen when you guys park 50 jets. Maybe you can flow back to ASA. And don't even try to use the anti furlough clause. They will furlough due to the economic conditions when they need to.

UMMM... We have guys on the street? I didn't know that. How many guys on the street genius? I guess your not as smart as you think you are. Rumor is a class by summer because we are short at certain seats. Wonder whats gonna happen when you guys park 50 jets. Maybe you can flow back to ASA. And don't even try to use the anti furlough clause. They will furlough due to the economic conditions when they need to.
You mean like Air Tran did last year?

Truly great news if everybody is back. I don't pay much attention to you all unless a stupid press release comes out.

Moot point but, Airtran last furloughed 2008-09, Delta last furloughed 2003. It really doesn't support the arguement. Sorta like a Urinary Olympiad in the bowl of aviation....

ASA doesn't have a flowdown either "genius"...(your words, not mine)

Good debate though.....It's all good.....Love for Airtran people....kumbaya...

Yes. No one is immune. Not even Southwest if things get bad enough.

We're all in this together, no need to bash each other, even on FI...

Yep Lear,

You are correct.....

Did you make your way back and did they make you whole again?? I hope you take em down

Latest resources

Back