• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways announces new service to Bermuda

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd be glad to debate the differences between Airtran's contract (which includes RJ's) vs the SWAPA's contract. It's not even close.
There is no debate SWA's contract is better. What does that have to do with the price of tea in china......or in this case what does that have to do with the SLI.....

Since this didnt get really any responses on the other thread let me ask it here.
Hey Southwest guys in your current contract do you have a pay scale set up for a bigger airplane then the 737-800? I heard that you did and that the recent negotiation was to just bring the 737-800 to the same pay rate as the other 737's. Like if Southwest ordered something in the future that was bigger then the 737-800 would it fall under the current contract as a percentage increase? Plus an ICAO requirement for any international flying requires for assigned seating from the original start of the segment. For example flying from LAX to Aruba, connecting through ATL. They would have to be assigned a seat in LAX thru to Aruba. Has there been any talk on your guys side of any of that at all of what they plan to do?

Keep your RJ's and your payscales then. Your right, the Southwest contract isn't that much better.

I never said our contract was better Nancy. I simply stated a fact. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. It took SWAPA about 30 years to climb to the top of the pay scales and that only occurred with concessionary contracts at the Legacies. Besides, you don't have any more say than I do about this deal. Your boss and the shareholders thought this was a good deal so it is happening. Thump your chest all you want, in the end you have very little say in how this goes down.

Since this didnt get really any responses on the other thread let me ask it here.
Hey Southwest guys in your current contract do you have a pay scale set up for a bigger airplane then the 737-800? I heard that you did and that the recent negotiation was to just bring the 737-800 to the same pay rate as the other 737's. Like if Southwest ordered something in the future that was bigger then the 737-800 would it fall under the current contract as a percentage increase? Plus an ICAO requirement for any international flying requires for assigned seating from the original start of the segment. For example flying from LAX to Aruba, connecting through ATL. They would have to be assigned a seat in LAX thru to Aruba. Has there been any talk on your guys side of any of that at all of what they plan to do?
So, on the other thread when I responded to each question with a NO, thats not really a response? Interesting.

Yes you simple cannot say NO to an ICAO requirement. I have been hearing rumors that Southwest will be adopting some new type of cabin layout or seating based on this ICAO requirement. Otherwise they will not be able to fly international with the current open seating they have.

Bully for you! SWA will be closing their operations within the week, you got em!

NO, SWA does not have any allowance for pay on bigger jets, but any jet requires a reopener, thats your first two questions.
No, there has not been any talk of assigned seating or "any of that or what they plan to do".

So basically, no, no, no.

besides, you don't have any more say than i do about this deal. Your boss and the shareholders thought this was a good deal so it is happening. Thump your chest all you want, in the end you have very little say in how this goes down.

Hooooo-weeeeee !!! Don't go any farther, guys. Let me get some popcorn going....then go for it.

Some of you need to pop a few relaxers with a stiff beverage. Chill out homies. Not every post requires you to launch an offensive/defensive salvo at your future co-workers. Play nice, it's the holidays.

Latest resources

Back