• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways announces new service to Bermuda

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please listen to yourself It's not ego my friend, it's principle. Just as you think we (AAI PILOTS) bring nothing to the table and should be treated thusly. Many believe that Paying for a job is just as wrong. You were a professional pilot before you got hired at Southwest yet you sold out your professional principles for $$$ and the job. That is your decision, but please don't try to shove your (grand financial southwest windfall)l down others throats as the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is still a thing called integrity.

Just to be clear, you didn't pay for any of your pilot training? That is amazing. Most people had to pay in some way to attain the qualifications to be hired at a major. A type rating is a requirement to be hired. SWA didn't "sell" us one, they just made it a requirement for the job. I am sure that even AAI had some requirements for the job. Unless you never paid for any of those qualifications, you are not thinking very clearly about this particular issue.

Just to be clear, you didn't pay for any of your pilot training? That is amazing. Most people had to pay in some way to attain the qualifications to be hired at a major. A type rating is a requirement to be hired. SWA didn't "sell" us one, they just made it a requirement for the job. I am sure that even AAI had some requirements for the job. Unless you never paid for any of those qualifications, you are not thinking very clearly about this particular issue.

Please re-read my post. No, once I got my comm, instrument, multiple I did not pay for any further flying or type rating. That is when you should consider yourself a professional. When you have the qualifications to fly for pay. Whether it be flying cargo, flight instructing etc.
Please explain why SWA is not charging each AAI pilot a fee for a type? Could they have made that a part of the deal? And to answer your question, AAI had no requirement that cost me financially to get hired.

Please re-read my post. No, once I got my comm, instrument, multiple I did not pay for any further flying or type rating. That is when you should consider yourself a professional. When you have the qualifications to fly for pay. Whether it be flying cargo, flight instructing etc.
Please explain why SWA is not charging each AAI pilot a fee for a type? Could they have made that a part of the deal? I

You should quit while you are ahead. The more you write the more you sound like Ty and dickO.

Please explain why SWA is not charging each AAI pilot a fee for a type? Could they have made that a part of the deal? And to answer your question, AAI had no requirement that cost me financially to get hired.

Um yeah, but look who hired you......

(not trying to pick a fight but just saying).

(Last but not least the mom & pop 135 gig I worked for paid for my multi & a 121 outfit paid for my 73 type, so therefor if you paid for your multi you are saying I'm more of professional then you~ thx I figured as much! :D)

Last edited:
Um yeah, but look who hired you......

(not trying to pick a fight but just saying)

Interesting comment from someone sitting at the bottom of the US Air seniority list. You were furloughed from the worst airline in the U.S.

"not trying to pick a fight but just saying"

Interesting comment from someone sitting at the bottom of the US Air seniority list. You were furloughed from the worst airline in the U.S.

"not trying to pick a fight but just saying"

No arguments there and I'll most likely never return to "America's Most

Dysfunctional airline" just for that fact. My point was geared towards the "pay

for training theme" and being a so called "nonprofessional" because of it.

Sorry to hit a nerve about your employer.

No I don't think that's really necessary, PapaWoody did a fine job with his

explanation already. Further more I don't carry any disrespect for your employer

as I have many close friends at your company. I'm just amazed that you rate

professional and integrity the way you do.

"Professional Integrity" is not bashing a fellow pilot (who paid for a type) in the first place!​

Latest resources

Back