• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways announces new service to Bermuda

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh come on ya'll. Airtran, the company, brings ATL and a few orders. That's really what this is all about.

That's about it.

SWA brings the rest of the country, a GIGANTIC pay raise, great work rules, expansion, cheap(ish) medical, good benies, stability, etc, etc, etc.

Let's quit bull********************ting each other about our version of the facts. We need Airtran to own ATL. Airtran guys need SWA for everything else.

Quit being babies about it and let's get 'er done. Or not.

Gup

We don't need SWA for anything. Our pay rates have slowly gone up just like yours. AAI is half as old as SWA. It took SWAPA 30 + years to get where you are at. AAI is barely 15 years old. Your contract is better, we all know that. If you expect us to kiss you ass because of that well it ain't gonna happen.

We don't need SWA for anything. Our pay rates have slowly gone up just like yours. AAI is half as old as SWA. It took SWAPA 30 + years to get where you are at. AAI is barely 15 years old. Your contract is better, we all know that. If you expect us to kiss you ass because of that well it ain't gonna happen.

True, but if you expect guys that were hired here at the SAME TIME as at AAI to be junior to you....WELL, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Had you been offered a SWA job at the same time as your AAI job, let's face it, the SWA job you would'a took. But that didn't happen, so let's just you quit actin' like you'se guys are in the same stratosphere and let's get're done with a little realism and move on. Seriously, let's interject a little common sense into this process. ANY AAI guy that coulda woulda got hired at SWA b4 he/she got hired at AAI would have taken the SWA job. Economics101. Keep tellin' yourself different...but the facts are what they be (ie our superior contract/workrules/benefit package/retirement/etc. etc. and so on and so on)....seriously guys....it is what is, you WIN B...I...G...so let's move on and make the promised growth to the system happen. Quit being upset about the massive gains that you get/deserve and move on.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

Last edited:

Son you seem to forget that Airtran furloughed 10% of the pilots to keep from filing bankruptcy.

We're all going to be just fine. I'm ready to get past this and into the next phase.

Gup

True, but if you expect guys that were hired here at the SAME TIME as at AAI to be junior to you....WELL, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Had you been offered a SWA job at the same time as your AAI job, let's face it, the SWA job you would'a took. But that didn't happen, so let's just you quit actin' like you'se guys are in the same stratosphere and let's get're done with a little realism and move on. Seriously, let's interject a little common sense into this process. ANY AAI guy that coulda woulda got hired at SWA b4 he/she got hired at AAI would have taken the SWA job. Economics101. Keep tellin' yourself different...but the facts are what they be (ie our superior contract/workrules/benefit package/retirement/etc. etc. and so on and so on)....seriously guys....it is what is, you WIN B...I...G...so let's move on and make the promised growth to the system happen. Quit being upset about the massive gains that you get/deserve and move on.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

I understand why you think this way. Economics are not necessarily the driving force behind every ones thinking. Here were my thoughts when going to AirTran.
1. Southwest was NEVER a consideration simply because I refuse to buy a type rating. Paid training is a disgrace at this level of flying in my opinion.
2. Atlanta is a very easy commute.
3. Airtran pilots had a great attitude and reputation.
4. Owned all their own flying.
5. They flew into my city.
6. Their upgrade time was reasonable.

These are what I can easily remember at this time. My thoughts were not wrong because they did not included "The Highest Paid Airline", they were about what was important to me and my family. Please stop trying to convince everyone that financial gain is all that is important. Please spend a little time thinking about #1.
Just my thoughts.

I agree with old man. I never applied to WN either mainly for reason number one and to a lesser extent the others. Not all of us are that excited about this deal either. The majority of us will make the best of the situation though and I'm confident we'll assimilate well.

Not all of us are that excited about this deal either. The majority of us will make the best of the situation though and I'm confident we'll assimilate well.

Really. I would think you are alone on this one. Not even Ty dicko or lear70 would agree with you. However, I am sure you will make the best of the situation. It will be hard but please really try to be happy.

I agree with Old Man as well with a caveat. I didn't buy the type until after I was hired. I figured I wasn't going to let $8K stand between my ego and a great job. Now I can buy a type rating a month with the difference in pay I earn.

Doesn't matter if we are happy or not about this deal. It isn't going to change, for now, the fact that It's On!

Gup

I agree with Old Man as well with a caveat. I didn't buy the type until after I was hired. I figured I wasn't going to let $8K stand between my ego and a great job. Now I can buy a type rating a month with the difference in pay I earn.

Doesn't matter if we are happy or not about this deal. It isn't going to change, for now, the fact that It's On!

Gup

Please listen to yourself It's not ego my friend, it's principle. Just as you think we (AAI PILOTS) bring nothing to the table and should be treated thusly. Many believe that Paying for a job is just as wrong. You were a professional pilot before you got hired at Southwest yet you sold out your professional principles for $$$ and the job. That is your decision, but please don't try to shove your (grand financial southwest windfall)l down others throats as the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is still a thing called integrity.

Latest resources

Back