Airtran - a warm welcome my friends

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Auto Throttles?

I myself think that together we will be an awesome combination!

Changing the subject.. I heard two different rumors.

• SWA dont use Auto-Throttles.
  • SWA disconnect their autothrottles below 10,000 FT..
Which one is true and why? We (AAI) land with autothrottles on 95% of the time, in fact our AOM recommends it.

Neither is true. ATs are operated normal- They are constantly broken on the -300's and most captains are too weak spined to write them up
;-)

Are you sure this wasn't due to your attrition coming to a screeching halt?

Here's a thought-

Since you obviously don't know anything about AirTran's attrition rate, why not ask what it is, instead of assuming?

You might look like less of an ass.. . . . I'm just sayin' . . .;)

Last edited:
Here's a thought-

Since you obviously don't know anything about AirTran's attrition rate, why not ask what it is, instead of assuming?

You might look like less of an ass.. . . . I'm just sayin' . . .;)

But Ty, isn't that what FI is all about...spewing bullshizz about things you know nothing of??

I WISH we had some attrition at AirTran! I haven't moved up but maybe a few numbers in the last 2.5 years.

The only way a staple is going to happen is if Air Tran pilots agree to it. Somehow I'm thinking that might be a non-starter at the negotiating table.

Staple? What staple, and a rate for less than 122 seats separate from current pay rates at SWA, what? Wait a minute, hold on a second. When we sling around never be careful what we say will never happen. Lets keep it between the NC's and away from fear and absolutes.

Neither is true. ATs are operated normal- They are constantly broken on the -300's and most captains are too weak spined to write them up
;-)
The reason that the ATs are constantly broken and not written up on the -300s and -500s is that they are permanently deactivated. You don't write something up if it has been deactivated. On the -700s we can use the ATs from takeoff until 50' AGL before landing.

Stable? What the hell do horses have to do with this? Do you have a cold or something?

Actually I do have a bad cold. lol

They need to leave the edit option longer for people like me that rely on spell check and bouts with Dyslexia.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back