AirTran 737 Captains voting "NO"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voted NO.

But it will pass...because for many people, having a gun put to their head in the form of a threat (real or implied), is not a risk they are willing to take. The moment that happened, "negotiation" turned into "extortion".

No offense intended, Don, but cry me a river. What your incendiary comments seem to want to discount is that the actions that Southwest Airlines Inc. have suggested may or may not happen are fully legal and within their rights as the acquiring company. Just as your actions, either to accept the offer and the accompanying vast increase in the financial value of your career or to reject the offer and assume the accompanying risk, are yours and yours alone to take. Southwest Inc. has showed you that actions have consequences, and according to even your lawyers, their actions are completely legal, so either accept the situation as it has been presented to you or go find another line of work. Feel free to whine about fair or not fair, but don't forget to cry all the way to the bank.

Respectfully,
PapaWoody

You bet your a$$ there are SWA guys that think this deal is unfair and you bet your a$$ I just voted NO. I cant wait to hear your ALPA talking points on how any of this BS sandwich is fair to any SWA guy.

Tell me what we got out of this deal ?? and please dont tell me ATL....I dont give a rats a$$ about ATL.

We acquired you, gave you a big pay raise, better everything and what do we get from you.......a loud typical ALPA NO we want more, we deserve more, we are entitled to more, we demand more........until the big smack down.

You fools are lucky to be here, dont forget during the Frontier deal you guys were begging for a staple now look at you. ALPA sold you down the river and cost you a bunch of $$$$$$$ and if your not careful it could be a bunch of jobs too.......good work ALPA.......you suck

To all the citrus guys and gals .......please vote NO

Can you say affirmative action?

Can you say affirmative action?

I think you have determined how Sacka AND Lyinvixin got there. If they even are....

Vast increase in financial value of your career??? Not much increase if your furloughed.

Or pink slipped when they dump the 717s. Just a thought, but we're hiring and AAI guys would be more than welcome.

Voted NO.

But it will pass...because for many people, having a gun put to their head in the form of a threat (real or implied), is not a risk they are willing to take. The moment that happened, "negotiation" turned into "extortion".
Exactly right. This isn't a negotiated agreement, its extortion from SWA and SWAPA. A truly fair process, with a fair seniority list is not what SWAPA wants, they want to steal seniority from their future co workers.

ATN pilots should not trust SWA and they should not trust SWAPA.

Before the two groups are fully integrated there will be section 6 negotiations, yet another opportunity for SWAPA to take another bite out of the ATN pilots.

The ATN should be careful of what they are signing away if they vote yes.

Vast increase in financial value of your career??? Not much increase if your furloughed.

You mean like the last time that SWA furloughed?.....Oh, wait, that's right -- SWA has never furloughed. Unlike AAI, United, and Alaska, I might add. And there's nothing to indicate that they will in the future. However, the financial gains to your career once on the SWAPA master seniority list are tangible and significant. If you're going to throw out hypotheticals, at least try to base them upon the realities of the situation. And unfortunately, the reality of this situation is that SWA Inc. has every right to dispose of AAI in the manner that they see fit. Fortunately, they have given you another opportunity to be part of the family. The choice is up to you.

Respectfully,
PapaWoody

"but we're hiring and AAI guys would be more than welcome."

Of course that offer means you start at the BOTTOM of the list...

"but we're hiring and AAI guys would be more than welcome."

Of course that offer means you start at the BOTTOM of the list...

No, no, you have Fubi all wrong. I'm sure that if Alaska hired them, Fubi would insist they get their original DOH, even if that meant above him.

Bubba

...... but we're hiring and AAI guys would be more than welcome.

Oh yea Alaska:rolleyes:. I think I'd rather have a car battery dropped on my nutsack.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back