• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran 737 Captains voting "NO"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, ain't you special. Let me splain something to you toots. 100 hrs just means your about as qualified as that girl in the right seat of the Colgan Air flight that crashed in Buffalo. Furthermore, there wouldn't be women in the cockpit if it was not for ALPA. You got hired from a commuter, started flying orange minipigs and decided you were special. ALPA,s problems are not as an organization but as a direct result of being co-opted by a generation that has the wisdom and experience of George W. Bush. By the way, Churchill,s ineptitude led directly to almost loosing WWI and WWII. It ain't all about you sugar.

Maru, you inspire me to go eat more anti-oxidants. Don't get me wrong, I get what you're trying to say about that prick with the deer-name, but your rants are all scrambly and stuff.

Last edited:
We all paid major dues to get on with this company, and you guys had it all handed to you and look at you .......still not happy or thankful, just greedy and unhappy. We here at SWA worked hard to make this company what it is and you guys want a major piece of it for just showing up. GMAFB.

Please vote NO

What major dues did you pay that no one else at any other airline has paid?? I am really curious. Give me a break!!! You interviewed, got hired and made it through groundschool....

Well, she/he did interview and did (I assume) get hired by SWA...many AAI pilots did not or could not and the point is the barriers to entry have been removed by this acquisition...yet that is not enough, I don't begrudge the AAI pilot's wanting it all, just don't call the SWA pilots greedy...

Wood pecker, we are putting Airtran out of business!

This is the plain and simple fact that ALPO MEC did not comprehend...and it cost the AAI pilots millions (SL9)...don't blame the SWA pilots for being hired at an airline that had the resources to buy your airline...if the shoe was on the other foot the AAI pilots would be screaming for staple...AAI pilots get over your "victim" status and be happy you have a job at a great company in a very bad economy...enjoy the pay raise...

Wood pecker, we are putting Airtran out of business!

This is the plain and simple fact that ALPO MEC did not comprehend...and it cost the AAI pilots millions (SL9)...don't blame the SWA pilots for being hired at an airline that had the resources to buy your airline...if the shoe was on the other foot the AAI pilots would be screaming for staple...AAI pilots get over your "victim" status and be happy you have a job at a great company in a very bad economy...enjoy the pay raise...

Chill Madjack. You mention here and in another thread that the AT MEC made a giant mistake turning down SL 9. They did you a huge favor. Your pilot group was incensed and had a real chance of turning it down, which would not have resulted in a big kool-aid party outside of LUV HQ in 100 degree heat. Had it passed, you would have been royally pssed that all those junior guys were getting paid CA pay. Again, this is all water under the bridge, you have a new deal to vote on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back