• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran 717s to fly for Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously??!! Is anyone else out there not buying this - at all?

It sounds loony, but I heard rumors about it last week, we had pilots approached by mechanics saying something about it, and then this conference in AZ had rumors coming from it. But, no official word, so you might be right.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

So, 30% of 88 is like 26 or 27 per year. That probably could work. As I stated, there are others out there that could be added first to start the program in the desert now.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

What's wrong bro? This getting you a little scared? Theoretically, how would you feel if you had a SLI in your life? Especially if it was a young group like AT. It's like your trying to find another solution that may wave the idea of AT planes coming over besides some airplane in the desert. Oh by the way Rolls Royce gave SWA a killer deal on the Mexicana's 717 engines in the desert. Delta could use that as a option, or could be a selling point for SWA.

What I know now from meeting the AT people, I hope they stay if this comes to fruition. It would only be our lost and Delta's gain, from a people's stand point if they jump ship to Delta. Hell look at what they have built and battle with in ATL. kinda of impressive if you ask me.

What's wrong bro? This getting you a little scared? Theoretically, how would you feel if you had a SLI in your life? Especially if it was a young group like AT. It's like your trying to find another solution that may wave the idea of AT planes coming over besides some airplane in the desert. Oh by the way Rolls Royce gave SWA a killer deal on the Mexicana's 717 engines in the desert. Delta could use that as a option, or could be a selling point for SWA.

What I know now from meeting the AT people, I hope they stay if this comes to fruition. It would only be our lost and Delta's gain, from a people's stand point if they jump ship to Delta. Hell look at what they have built and battle with in ATL. kinda of impressive if you ask me.

As OYS said, I also seriously doubt that anyone at AT would flow over to Delta if this happened at all. It would not be a merger, and I also don't think all of the planes would come over at once, triggering any frag policy. I think OYS is safe from an SLI, until we maybe buy Hawaiian? (with 717s, A330s, and 767s----all types we COULD have someday---pure speculation on my part). Aloha.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Combine this with the fact the company is currently setting up to overhaul the -88/90 cockpits to glass I could see them getting a combined category down the road.

So General, if that frag policy is triggered I am guessing you will be the one championing relative for the AT pilots. You know, it is all about fairness!!!

I am sure that AT pilots will stay with SWA, but it sure would be fun to watch the DAL pilots scrambling to undo the words that they were spouting to SWA.

It seems like no one wants the pilots from these airplanes. Isn't this industry a bitch. As for what happens, there are still good Airtran pilots flying these airplanes and paying their bills. It always sucks when rumors upset the dinner conversation. There has been enough change going on in the industry that these sideways rumors hardly make anyone sleep better at night.

Latest resources

Back