• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran 717 vs 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the 717 still "old" school memorize rivet locations at AAI?

Is the 717 still "old" school memorize rivet locations at AAI?

My last PC by an "old school instructor" had a Q and A that lasted about 5 minutes. The sim portion was the same as it was the last few times, straight forward, no surprises.

Last edited:
Don't know how much it is worth coming from me but since I'm in class for a DC-9 (MD-88) right now I figure I'll open my mouth. I personally love the 737 and liked it better than the DC-9. Granted this class is on an MD-88 and not the MD-95 so there are differences I am not aware of. My big thought would be what if something were to happen to your current job? In the future, what time would be more valuable? 737, or 717? Or do you have enough 737 time now not to really care? I don't know the answer but it may be something to think about. No one else had mentioned that yet so there ya go.

PS, I alway love jump seating on Airtran. You guys are the best! First class and booze to go all the time :))

Back to the regional threads I go...

The big difference is the jumpseat. 737.Bigger seat, lower to the floor and you can put your feet on the floor. 717. Smaller seat, can't rest your feet on the floor. It does have two pedestals to put your feet on, kinda like gynecological stirrups.
737 doesn't have them.....cause we don't allow pussies in the cockpit.

Glad I could help.

I'm just waiting for Lear 70 to respond to this thread even though he hasn't flown both types for AT.
Why? Did you miss me? ;)

Rook said:
I think he's typed in both.
Hola, amigo! :)

Alas, only an F/O signoff on the 717, and I've never flown the 737-700, just had the differences course in the sim. Having not flown the 737 at AAI, I can't comment on which is better for lifestyle, credit, days off, legs per day, etc.

Don't forget, the engines blow up on the 717.:eek:
Keeps you sharp!!! The PC's are much more relaxed these days, 'cause everyone does the V1 cuts on the line!

The training departments, 737 v 717, are no different. There has been so much movement of instructors back and forth between the 2 programs in the last year and half, that the old school style rumors are just plain false.

717 - more efficient trips, rotten seats.

Latest resources

Back